Thinking about a Innagurual Cruise - Help

sooner33

HI Everyone ,

Just got off Seaside a few weeks ago and loved it , thinking of taking the Mergavailla ( sp ) in March of 2019 in the Mediterranean

BUT

Just saw the Bellissima cruise on March 4th for 10 Nights , anyone have experience on taking a inaugural cruise

Is it a bad idea to take the first cruise on a new ship ? We would be coming from the US so its not like its very cheap :)

Any thoughts would be helpful

Thank you

First couple of cruises there are growing pains so no i would not do it.

We would do yacht club , would that change your statement ?

The ports on this cruise look really cool , but yes the one thing holding us up is its the first cruise

HI Everyone ,

Just got off Seaside a few weeks ago and loved it , thinking of taking the Mergavailla ( sp ) in March of 2019 in the Mediterranean

BUT

Just saw the Bellissima cruise on March 4th for 10 Nights , anyone have experience on taking a inaugural cruise

Is it a bad idea to take the first cruise on a new ship ? We would be coming from the US so its not like its very cheap :)

Any thoughts would be helpful

Thank you

The consensus of opinion on CC is you shouldn't do a maiden voyage, or even any cruise during the first 6 months of service of a new ship. The early reviews for Mereviglia and seaside weren't great.

However many still do it, some even go out of their way to book a maiden voyage. It will depend on your outlook, if you are able to roll with the inevitable teething problems of a maiden voyage, dodge the odd curve ball and enjoy the cruise for the cruise's sake, then don't be put off.

No doubt YC will insulate you to a certain degree, you'll probably be guaranteed butter etc.

I can only see this cruise through an UK travel agent, not in Germany and not in the US. I would book it without hesitation. I have done 3 inaugural transatlantics on NCL and a fourth booked for the Norwegian Encore next year. There always have been minor issues but the staff and crew have been working hard the prior weeks to get everything ready for the guests and it is a special atmosphere on board. And you have to love the new ship smell :)