Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Oops, I meant Ken. I think of him as The Diva, very annoying personality.

Definitely a diva! I was so annoyed that he was comlaining about that great glamping adventure. I also hated how he kept putting her donw-boy that bit him in the ass. Now he really looks like the jerk he is!

I was shocked at how nice the winning look was when it came down the runway. I had expected to hate it but thought it was great. Those pants were really interesting -- more skirt over short leggings than "poopy pants." Plus, hooray for not doing a gown! So I was fine with her winning. I think that was also a message to the other designers -- every challenge is not a gown.

I believe Tim's save was about ability more than emotion. I really thought Justin would win the first challenge, and he was just safe. I've been fairly happy with his stuff. That said, this dress was horribly constructed beyond the glue debacle. Did anyone notice how the zipper looked at the neck? Or the unfinished hem? But I'm glad he was saved.

BTW, that was not exactly glamping IMO. I would call it accessorized camping at best. I've done camping and glamping. My glamping accommodations were nicer than the Ritz Carlton, even though the walls were canvas.

Oops, I meant Ken. I think of him as The Diva, very annoying personality.

Ken seems much more stuck on himself than any of the others (that are left). We are definitely (at least so far) seeing the kinder, gentler Kate this season.

Love to read all your comments each week.

Disagreed with the judges on both counts this week.

Winner had a nice jacket but the pants were a mess to me...not being a fashionista girl I just look at it from a "normal person's" point of view

Justin was encouraged by Tim and I think Tim felt a bit guilty for not being more questioning of where he was going with the glue lace. I think the idea was interesting but it just didn't work out. The color was praised and the idea of stretching was also praised but as for the yellow tent dress they really cut it to pieces!

I knew once Justin was called the Loosing designer Tim would save him...had a feeling. LOL

Wonder if any of you can explain exactly what they are talking about when they say editorial? I used to think it was sort of over the top and often NOT really wearable except by a Lady Gaga type...now I am not so sure...

I interpreted it to mean something that would look good in a photo layout in a magazine (or I guess today, on line). Maybe if they were writing an article about the next big trend or profiling someone famous wearing different clothes. Those often translate (for me) as things I wouldn't/couldn't wear. If I had the body, I would wear either of the two top gowns. The winning look is just too bizarre for me!

Just had an off-the-wall thought. What happens to the designers' clothes after the competition? I know they put the winners on dress forms and display them but what about the others? Are they the property of PR or the designer?

I remember Tim Gunn saying during an interview on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart that they are auctioned off at charity events, and that people are often surprised when they receive them how little there is to them in the way of material and stitching.

I interpreted it to mean something that would look good in a photo layout in a magazine (or I guess today, on line). Maybe if they were writing an article about the next big trend or profiling someone famous wearing different clothes. Those often translate (for me) as things I wouldn't/couldn't wear. If I had the body, I would wear either of the two top gowns. The winning look is just too bizarre for me!

Yep. What's funny to me about that is the clothes you can tell the least about are the ones in those editorial layouts. I'm talking magazines like "Vogue," etc. "In Style" is the only magazine I recall showing clothes so you can tell what they actually look like.

Just had an off-the-wall thought. What happens to the designers' clothes after the competition? I know they put the winners on dress forms and display them but what about the others? Are they the property of PR or the designer?

Up until this season they have auctioned off the clothing. My sister won one a couple of seasons ago.

http://projectrunway.auction.seenon.com/

Yep. What's funny to me about that is the clothes you can tell the least about are the ones in those editorial layouts. I'm talking magazines like "Vogue," etc. "In Style" is the only magazine I recall showing clothes so you can tell what they actually look like.

Lucky shows the clothes well, too.

It is the "high fashion" spreads near the back of in InStyle that often seem to me to show so little of the garments that they might as well just show only the model's faces, because that is really what seems to be featured in the photos.

Through the rest of the magazine, the photos of celeb's usually show the clothes well, though I always think that in collage ("group") photos the women resemble trolls -- short legs, tiny feet, and big heads -- it's something about the camera angle or the way the photos are manipulated to fit on the pages....

And I always get a kick out of photos which are cropped so closely that you actually see about a molecule of a bracelet or shoe, for example, but you had better believe that bracelet and/or shoe and it's designer is still mentioned in the credits!

Really! Tell us more!! (if you and she don't mind).

She won the outfit that Gunnar Deatheridge got eliminated with. It was the challenge where they had to design their own fabric. He made a skirt, top, and the jacket was of the black and white print that he designed. I'll try to post an image but have never done so successfully. :o

When she got the package she found the garments had been literally wadded up and shoved into the box, and the print on the jacket was all smeared and purpley-black. It was a hot mess. She said it had a cleaning fluid smell, so we aren't sure if it was damaged by having something spilled onto it either by accident or on purpose or if it had gotten wet and the inks on the fabric they created was not supposed to get wet and bled all over. She eventually got refunded all the money she spent for the garments and for shipping but it took weeks to get any sort of response about the issue. It was a shame.

pr10-ep9-gunnar7.jpg.420ec05d19c431c12fde87c643f220b5.jpg

She won the outfit that Gunnar Deatheridge got eliminated with. It was the challenge where they had to design their own fabric. He made a skirt, top, and the jacket was of the black and white print that he designed. I'll try to post an image but have never done so successfully. :o

When she got the package she found the garments had been literally wadded up and shoved into the box, and the print on the jacket was all smeared and purpley-black. It was a hot mess. She said it had a cleaning fluid smell, so we aren't sure if it was damaged by having something spilled onto it either by accident or on purpose or if it had gotten wet and the inks on the fabric they created was not supposed to get wet and bled all over. She eventually got refunded all the money she spent for the garments and for shipping but it took weeks to get any sort of response about the issue. It was a shame.

I've often thought those design-it-yourself fabrics looked hard to work with. Now we know why. Auctioning off these clothes sounds like it can only do damage to the reputation of the designers.

I've often thought those design-it-yourself fabrics looked hard to work with. Now we know why. Auctioning off these clothes sounds like it can only do damage to the reputation of the designers.

Huh --- and so many of these designers already seem to be able to do that quite well just by being on the show! :D:D:eek:

I wonder how many of the contestants actually are able to make a living as a designer. I wish they would do a "Where are They Now" kind of show.

I've googled some in the past and they seemed to be doing well.....last time I checked Austin Scarlett was designing wedding gowns and Nick Varreos has his own line of some really nice evening wear.

I've googled some in the past and they seemed to be doing well.....last time I checked Austin Scarlett was designing wedding gowns and Nick Varreos has his own line of some really nice evening wear.

Didn't Austin Scarlett have a show on one of the cable channels? I seem to remember seeing him in partnership with another previous contestant. :confused:

Yes, here it is:

On the Road with Austin and Santino

Edited by 5326jan

I totally agreed with the judges choice for who should leave even though I did not think tonight's was the worst I'd seen from this designer. I thought the top looks were fairly boring (maybe because it was hard to see much detail because of the color).

In next week's preview Michael Kors made a comment about someone looking like they were at a buffet on a cruise ship. Can't wait to see the garment that goes with the comment!

Just watched the runway show -- best yet, by a long shot -- in my opinion. I liked everybody's outfit -- well, maybe not Justin's, and Dom's was my least favorite :(

Unfortunately, for Miranda, I think Alexander's plaid pants, and the top, too, beat out hers, even though she chose the fabric first...

And I think Alexandria made even those colossally ugly gladiator shoes look good.

I would say that the idea of being inspired by shoes was a winner! No surprise there, of course. ;)

Edited by SeagoingMom

I didn't like any of the outfits tonight. Helen's (the winner) must have looked far better on the runway than it did on TV. Justin's and Ken's were semi OK. Only.

Most interesting thing to me: When Miranda came in to the group after being auf'd NO ONE came to her. She crawled across legs to go to Kate. What's up with that?

Just watched the runway show -- best yet, by a long shot -- in my opinion. I liked everybody's outfit -- well, maybe not Justin's, and Dom's was my least favorite :(

Unfortunately, for Miranda, I think Alexander's plaid pants, and the top, too, beat out hers, even though she chose the fabric first...

And I think Alexandria made even those colossally ugly gladiator shoes look good.

I would say that the idea of being inspired by shoes was a winner! No surprise there, of course. ;)

I really liked Mirandas pants but the other pieces weren't very good especially the blouse-terrible! I LOVED the winning look. When it came out I was wowed! Nothing like shes been dong all season.

Didn't Austin Scarlett have a show on one of the cable channels? I seem to remember seeing him in partnership with another previous contestant. :confused:

Yes, here it is:

On the Road with Austin and Santino

That's right, I forgot about that show... it was entertaining though I worried about their personalities clashing. They seemed to make it work though.

In next week's preview Michael Kors made a comment about someone looking like they were at a buffet on a cruise ship. Can't wait to see the garment that goes with the comment!

I was thinking the same thing.....much as I like Zack I really miss MK!