Project Runway?

BlueHerons

It still irks me that the mature woman is usually forgotten, except for one episode, on PR. Does no one want to design for anybody over 25?

Especially since we are the ones with the money to spend, as opposed to some 20-something still either in college or an entry level position.

Since when does a modern Southern woman wear madras plaid? And I agree that this whole challenge was stupid and condescending. Ken's first dress looked like a negligee I had back in the '90 's. and his stare-down with Heidi was priceless. He does have a terrible attitude and he's mean to the other designers. Seriously, this show doesn't need two whackos, and Sandro should have been the only one.

I really can't see Belk's selling many of the winning dresses. I read somewhere that they take the winning designs, do a lot of changes to make it more appealing to the masses, and then put it on the hangers. They're hoping to get the two winners in the store by the end of March.

Don't you all love Tim Gunn?

I think it was an insult to the actual winner, Bradon, to have a second "winner" chosen after getting a Mulligan. He shouldn't have to share the glory, the spotlight, and the potential profit with someone who got two chances when he only got one. Even if Belk does significantly remakes both dresses, I think Bradon's win was diminished in this episode.

We have no idea of what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe the Belk guy (can't remember his title) decided he liked Dom's dress and thought it would be a better seller than Bradons, or maybe they had the redo planned all along. Who's to say?

I think your first scenario is exactly what happened.

As a lifelong Georgian and "southern woman" I have to disagree a little about all the dissing of plaid. Plaid is definitely very much in evidence among those who lead the country-club lifestyle....Prints are big too. I would've picked Kate's dress for the 20-somethings, Jeremy's for the 70+ crowd, and Dom's for some demographic in between.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm an urban dweller now and my wardrobe is 95% black. But think of Belk's target audience -- Belk was the ONLY department store in the small southern town I grew up in, a place where the epicenter of social activity was the country club. (And where kelly green linen dresses and madras blazers were au courant.) I venture to guess Belk still has a strong demographic in places like that.

All that said, I did not like Bradon's dress at all. It was "bad plaid" to me. Was it intentional that his seaming and folds on the front did not match up? Ugh.

For what it's worth, a quick perusal of Belk's online stock shows one plaid dress in juniors. There are, however, numerous "high-low" styles, quite short in front. In the women's (misses) section, zero plaid dresses, one high-low maxi, mid-calf length in front.

Most Belk dresses online are a lot more like Ken's first look (though knee length), Kate's look (in both misses and juniors), Justin's look, Dom's first look, and both Jeremy's looks -- the first in misses, but without the jacket, the second in juniors. Nothing -- absolutely nothing -- even faintly resembles Ken's streetwalker second look. Personally, without the do-over, I would judge Justin's dress to fit in best with what Belk is selling online for women, and maybe Kate's for juniors. JMO

Granted, the online stock may differ from that sold in stores...

So I would say if Belk expects to sell Bradon's look, it will either be a one-off, or they are trying to start a new Belk trend. Otherwise they are simply counting on the appeal of girls (and I emphasize girls) buying a Project Runway dress.

If you don't want to know, don't read on...

As we all realize, a bunch of the designers actually show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. This month it was 8 -- which is the number of designers left as broadcast ATPIT.

spoiler below (tho I'm not naming names)

Here is the spoiler -- one of the designers showing is/was (I'm never sure what to do about tense here) not one of those remaining designers.

And -- this is what is interesting -- one that is/was currently in the show as aired is not among the eight.

If I can find a link to the actual collections, I will post it. What I came across was an article with about two lines about each one.

When they've had challenges like this in the past, wasn't the winning look announced as available online immediately after the episode aired? I'm so surprised that there was no immediate tie-in so Belk could start ringing up sales immediately. I always found it interesting to see how the winning look was changed to make it more mass-produce-able (I'm calling that a word).

When they've had challenges like this in the past, wasn't the winning look announced as available online immediately after the episode aired? I'm so surprised that there was no immediate tie-in so Belk could start ringing up sales immediately. I always found it interesting to see how the winning look was changed to make it more mass-produce-able (I'm calling that a word).

Pictures are on the website, but I couldn't find the dresses for sale:

http://www.belk.com/AST/Featured/Promo_Details/ProjectRunway.jsp?

Perhaps you are thinking of the show called "Fashion Star," where at the end of the show (and possibly during the show) the items that the department store rep's chose were available for sale right away. This must have been a completely different format -- one in which the judging and choosing had taken place well before the broadcast, so there was time to manufacture the items and make them available. Either that, or when the show announced that the items were available online, it was for "pre-ordering" only, and the buyers had to wait some time for the clothes to be manufactured and sent out.

Has anyone ever checked to see how long it took for Project Runway clothes to be made available for sale for other similar challenges? I never personally check.

If you don't want to know, don't read on...

As we all realize, a bunch of the designers actually show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. This month it was 8 -- which is the number of designers left as broadcast ATPIT.

spoiler below (tho I'm not naming names)

Here is the spoiler -- one of the designers showing is/was (I'm never sure what to do about tense here) not one of those remaining designers.

And -- this is what is interesting -- one that is/was currently in the show as aired is not among the eight.

If I can find a link to the actual collections, I will post it. What I came across was an article with about two lines about each one.

Ok, you piqued my curiosity. Did they name names in the article you read?

Edit -- Never mind, I found the article. Do you think the person that was missing from fashion week was asked to leave and the other person brought back????

Edited by Scrapnana

Interesting story about the Season 6 winner.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/17/project-runway-alum-throws-fashion-fit/

Some pictures of the Fashion Week runway

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/project-runway-spring-2014-gallery-1.1448063?pmSlide=0

Spoiler - Spoiler - Spoiler - Spoiler - Spoiler - Spoiler - Spoiler - Spoiler

DON'T watch this unless you want to see the designers collections!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-uAVzG9h4Q

DON'T read these if you want to be totally surprised in the finale.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/fashion/09-07-13-spoiler-alert-iproject-runway-i-season-12-winner-emerges-in-hair-raising-finale/

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/behind-the-seams-at-the-project-runway-finale-who-will-win-big--who-s-a-sore-loser-220515401.html

DON'T watch this unless you want to see the designers collections!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-uAVzG9h4Q

[/url]

I saw what seemed to be a comment from Kate below that said her dresses were in different places. Plus others claiming different things. Whatever. I always look for the collections of the designers we don't actually get to see (non-finalists). Some have been real shockers -- like April who did nothing but black on the show but hose collections was all very, very pale.

Thank goodness he finally went home. I havent liked anything he made all season and he definitely has anger management problems.

Finally!!! He definitely had "little man syndrome"! Good riddance.

I also loved the winner's makeover the most, but she seriously needed it! Helen did a beautiful job on the gown. I didn't like Dom's dress at all. She was lucky that there were so many other train wrecks! :)

Finally!!! He definitely had "little man syndrome"! Good riddance.

I also loved the winner's makeover the most, but she seriously needed it! Helen did a beautiful job on the gown. I didn't like Dom's dress at all. She was lucky that there were so many other train wrecks! :)

Helen had the upper hand as she had the person who needed the makeover the most, but her dress was GORGEOUS as well. The out and out winner for sure. I didn't mind Doms dress, I thought it looked better on the fan than in the workroom.

I was surprised at Ken going home. Not because his clothing designs have been anything great, but that the producers would let him be voted off since he's the only dramatic one on the show. They seem to love the drama and it brings people back to watch the next week.

Maybe they didn't want to pay for his single hotel room :confused::D

Maybe they were afraid he'd physically hurt someone :confused::p

I'm glad to see him go, whatever the reason.

Other than Ken's total immature tantrum, it was a fun show to watch. I loved the super-fans.

Any predictions as to who will win? My early pick two are Kate and Helen. Who knew Helen would still be there, but she is improving!

The superfans were wonderful. As I watched them, I thought that was exactly how I would act. That was a great idea and I hope they do another in an upcoming season.

Call me old fashioned (and I will admit to it:o), but I did not care for Heidi's striped shirt and print skirt together. Although the shirt probably cost hundreds of dollars it didn't look any different than a $5 shirt from Wal-Mart.

Any predictions as to who will win? My early pick two are Kate and Helen. Who knew Helen would still be there, but she is improving!

I am thinking Kate, Dom and Braden as the final three with Helen as a possible fourth if they do the semi-final thing they have done some seasons.

Did I also see they are starting another All Star season in October? Seems they will overlap a bit.

Did I also see they are starting another All Star season in October? Seems they will overlap a bit.

I was thinking that they might overlap, also. Maybe they will do back to back episodes until this season finishes???

Just found this article on the All-Stars. It's interesting that they are inviting past winners (although I really did like Seth Aaron). I see Irina (who ran out of fashion week) is also a contestant. I liked Daniel and glad to see him back.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/05/alyssa-milano-to-host-project-runway-all-stars-season-3/201152/