Please help me choose between 2 tours in Marsielle

Lattesandtravels

scm1012 - Don't expect discounts just because there are only two of you in the van instead of 6 or 8. The company has the exact same expenses for the driver/guide and for the fuel. There is usually a small price adjustment to account for admission tickets to the attractions. For example, a tour for 2 could be 350 euros and the same tour for four could be 375 euros. But that's all.

It is possible, but not likely, to get a small courtesy discount if you book many trips through the same company as nybumpkin said. Local companies such as Provence Connections are not solo guides that depend on bookings through a reseller. They have several vans and driver/guides and can handle their own business. They of course accept additional bookings from a reseller, but do not depend on them for the bulk of their business.

Also check with Catherine d'Antuono of Tour Designer in Provence tour.designer@provence-travel.com. We used their services once and they were truly excellent. They have a couple of websites:

www.provence-travel.com

www.shore-excursions-marseille.com

Good evening everyone! First and foremost, I so appreciate all of the recommendations and photos and experiences some of you have shared of your travels to Marseile - Arles, Les Baux, St. Remy & Avignon. So much so that this port stop is completely consuming all of my thoughts!

So my question to a few of you that have already been:

Hlitner, Caripoo, MsKaufman, and Marazul -- from what I read it sounds as though you have each spent considerable amounts of time in each of these places, so perhaps not necessarily just one day. Would you say it is possible to get to see all four places completely DIY via cabs from our ship? I have now spent my free time in the evening for almost two weeks trying to put together a group with one of the major tour companies and have had no luck. Any recommendations as to how to get around? Do you think a tour is absolutely necessary? Even if my husband can get to two of the towns on our own, we would be so pleased.

NYBumpkin -- I read that you have toured with ItalyTours before and I think this Marseile - Arles, Les Baux, St. Remy & Avignon tour specifically? I have been corresponding with them almost ad nauseum it seems and just can't seem to reach a happy medium where we officially book the tour but with even a fraction of a discount. It'd be a private group of 5, two of us and 3 additional which we have yet to find to offset the cost. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel and just pay the full tour fare for just the two of us, but wanted to ask you if you thought it'd be worth it? Any additional selling points on the tour?

I value everyone's thoughts and all you've so willingly shared thus far! Thanks so much!

INEZ

I'm having the same problem with the port. There are 4 in our group, and we are considering doing the Arles, Les Baux, St. Remy and Avignon route--except for I really would love to see the lavender in bloom. If your tour your working on would hold 4 instead of 3, we might go with you. T

P.S. Just realized I posted this, and I WASN'T in my roll call thread. :) Sorry. Any chance you're going to be on a Princess cruise in June?

Edited by Propellor1969
Need to add comment about if we were on the same cruise--forgot I wasn't in my rollcall feed. :)