Oasis - Spin Class

We are leaving Sunday on our very first RCL Cruise! I am currently training for a race and wanted to take a spin class if they offer them onboard (I know there is a small fee to take it). So I was curious if these classes were regularly offered?

But also wanted to know if I needed to bring my cycling shoes with me? And if anyone know what system they use to make sure my shoes are compatible? I don’t mind bringing them but could also use the extra space in my suitcase.

Thanks in advance!

We are leaving Sunday on our very first RCL Cruise! I am currently training for a race and wanted to take a spin class if they offer them onboard (I know there is a small fee to take it). So I was curious if these classes were regularly offered?

But also wanted to know if I needed to bring my cycling shoes with me? And if anyone know what system they use to make sure my shoes are compatible? I don’t mind bringing them but could also use the extra space in my suitcase.

Thanks in advance!

Do not know the type of bike but 99% sure you wear your own shoes.

Thanks in advance!

I am a regular Flywheel and Soulcycle rider at home. I've been really disappointed in the shipboard spin classes.

On Oasis, the classes are offered on sea days only. Usually at 8:30 AM or 9:30 AM. It's a small fee, but the instructors have been pretty poor compared to high end spin classes.

They rolled out actual Flywheel on Oasis and Allure a few years back but have discontinued the partnership, but they still use Flywheel shoes and bikes. I think you can find the type clips they use if you google it, I can't remember the type off the top of my head.

I'd give it a shot if you have time onboard, I'm sure the instructors change regularly. I just haven't found most of them to be challenging or fun in the past onboard.

Thanks for the question about spinning -boarding Allure on Sunday. Am a regular Peleton rider and wondering if passengers are allowed to use bikes during non class hours?

It’s been my experience aboard other lines that you can only use them during class. Maybe RCL is different?

I am a regular Flywheel and Soulcycle rider at home. I've been really disappointed in the shipboard spin classes.

On Oasis, the classes are offered on sea days only. Usually at 8:30 AM or 9:30 AM. It's a small fee, but the instructors have been pretty poor compared to high end spin classes.

They rolled out actual Flywheel on Oasis and Allure a few years back but have discontinued the partnership, but they still use Flywheel shoes and bikes. I think you can find the type clips they use if you google it, I can't remember the type off the top of my head.

I'd give it a shot if you have time onboard, I'm sure the instructors change regularly. I just haven't found most of them to be challenging or fun in the past onboard.

Thanks for this info. I appreciate it!

Thanks for this info. I appreciate it!

Very welcome. It was hard to find information before I went to one on Oasis. Like I said, it's worth a shot for $10 or whatever it is and maybe you will have a good instructor.

Now that I think about it, Flywheel bikes have clip ins for both type of clip in shoes, so as long as the bikes haven't suddenly been swapped out, you should be fine with your shoes!

Very welcome. It was hard to find information before I went to one on Oasis. Like I said, it's worth a shot for $10 or whatever it is and maybe you will have a good instructor.

Now that I think about it, Flywheel bikes have clip ins for both type of clip in shoes, so as long as the bikes haven't suddenly been swapped out, you should be fine with your shoes!

Great news. I’ll throw them in the suitcase and maybe this will help force me to get rid of half the stuff I bring home unworn anyway!

What if you don't bring your own shoes -- can you just use simple tennis shoes? I know, I know ... not as good, but I'm not a serious enough cycler to tote an extra pair of shoes that might be used 1-2 hours total.

Actually it is a problem on Oasis...

Oasis has clip in bikes. You cannot use regular shoes. You will have to use theirs or your own.

I and others who participated in the class were able to wear both tennis shoes or trainers with absolutely no problems at all as on other RCI class of ship.

I and others who participated in the class were able to wear both tennis shoes or trainers with absolutely no problems at all as on other RCI class of ship.

My experience on Oasis last month was different. there were no cages, and you had to use shoes you brought, or theirs. As a matter of fact, when you sign up, they ask your shoe size. There is a rack of shoes to choose from when you arrive.

I wasn't a fan.

My experience on Oasis last month was different. there were no cages, and you had to use shoes you brought, or theirs. As a matter of fact, when you sign up, they ask your shoe size. There is a rack of shoes to choose from when you arrive.

I wasn't a fan.

Exactly right.