Do they have the Chef’s Table on the Pacific Princess?

RubyLee

I’ve booked a cruise on her in 2019 so I’m doing research and I’ve found that she is a smaller ship and doesn’t have the International Cafe. I have searched this board and can find no mention of the Chef’s Table on this ship.

Both the ship-specific page for Pacific Princess on the website:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/pa-pacific-princess/ (scroll to 'Specialty Dining')

...and the fleetwide Dining Options document

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

state that Chef's Table is offered on Pacific Princess.

Always start your research with the primary sources. It appears you had no idea that Pacific Princess is only a 700 passenger ship--which is the main reason to choose her. You will likely be so impressed with the personal service and lack of crowds that you may hesitate booking a mega ship again.

Yes!! The Pacific has the Chef's Table.

We did the Panama Canal "coast to coast" and the Chef's Table was held outside the entrance to the MDR.

Kind of a public place, but it didn't seem to bother the participants.

If the Pacific Princess Chef's Table is held anything like the former Ocean Princess Chef's Table (which I suspect it is as they are the same ship layout and Oscar has moved from the Ocean Princess to the Pacific Princess), it is NOT held outside the entrance to the MDR. Rather that is where the event begins with donning the white coats in preparation for the galley tour and appetizers in the galley. Once that is complete, the party takes a crew-only elevator up to deck 10 where the meal is provided in the back room of whichever specialty restaurant is not open for the evening.

If the Pacific Princess Chef's Table is held anything like the former Ocean Princess Chef's Table (which I suspect it is as they are the same ship layout and Oscar has moved from the Ocean Princess to the Pacific Princess), it is NOT held outside the entrance to the MDR. Rather that is where the event begins with donning the white coats in preparation for the galley tour and appetizers in the galley. Once that is complete, the party takes a crew-only elevator up to deck 10 where the meal is provided in the back room of whichever specialty restaurant is not open for the evening.

The information above is exactly correct according to how it was for us, several times, on Pacific Princess.

That's interesting. When we saw it (didn't attend)...that's where it was.:confused:

That's interesting. When we saw it (didn't attend)...that's where it was.:confused:

Are you sure it was the Chef's Table? The last time we were on the Pacific Princess (Sept 2016), the wine tasting / food pairing event (called something like Sammenich) was held at the entrance to the Club Bar. It was very good, but not a full dinner and much less money than the Chef's Table. The table is set as if a meal is to be served, so perhaps you were given the wrong impression.....or maybe it was the Chef's Table :D:D

• 2 months later...

RubyLee,

We've done Chef Table four times and always on the Pacific Princess. When you board, go directly to the dining room and let Oscar know you would like to attend. They work very hard to make sure everyone who wants to attend does.

Thank you all for your responses.

Fishywood, yes I’m aware that the Pacific Princess is a smaller ship. It was one of the reasons we booked this cruise.

That is the same as for us in November of 2016. Sabatini’s was the restaurant open that night and the ride up the elevator was unique as we enter at the back of the room where the table for the 14 of us was available. Oscar is the best

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you sure it was the Chef's Table? The last time we were on the Pacific Princess (Sept 2016), the wine tasting / food pairing event (called something like Sammenich) was held at the entrance to the Club Bar. It was very good, but not a full dinner and much less money than the Chef's Table. The table is set as if a meal is to be served, so perhaps you were given the wrong impression.....or maybe it was the Chef's Table :D:D
It very probably was the Stammtisch Table. That is where it was held on our cruise in November of 2016. There were 12-14 of us plus 3-4 officers.

On the 50th Anniversary Cruise they had planned to hold it outside on deck nine but bad weather forced it to be cancelled [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Forums