Celebrity Cruises FAQ: Created by our Members for our Members

LauraS

• 4 weeks later...

We found out on the Summit that if we look at the menu posted outside the main dining room door we could call room service and have anything from the posted menu delivered to our room in the evening rather than using the room service menu. We are booked on the Infinity for the April 8 cruise to Hawaii. I am going to try to order the almond croissants from room service. They sound delicious but I would rather eat them on my balcony.

How about looking on the deck plans for the side ways triangle denoting a wheelchair accessible cabin? And yes, they are larger because they need to have larger doors to the inside, bathroom and the balconies need ramps or sliders. Believe me, I'd rather be able to book shore excursions without talking to 12 people none who seem to understand the words "I cannot walk" mean I also cannot climb 3 ten inch steps and spread the square footage around. So please, unless you are booking within the last 30 days do NOT take a wheelchair accessible room if it is offered. Thanks!

This list is posted frequently in this forum, so this seems a good place to lock it down.

Each of the following cabins on the Millennium Class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit) has some particular benefit over its peers of the same class -- most often an oversized veranda, sometimes larger cabin or nicer decor. Not all of these differences are accurately reflected in any known deck plans.

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

• 1 month later...

The propulsion system used by all four Celebrity M-Class ships are called pods.

Per the rules of this board these are the "FACTS ONLY" for the dates of failures for the propulsion systems.

Millennium launched approx. June 1, 2000

pod failure dry dock January, 2001

pod failure dry dock July 16, 2003

pod failure dry dock scheduled December 10, 2006

Infinity launched late 2001

pod failure dry dock late 2001 (3 weeks)

pod failure dry dock April 13, 2002

pod failure dry dock January 29, 2003

pod failure dry dock March 2004

pod failure dry dock March 27, 2005

pod failure Ports skipped and cruise shortened on two cruises

(July 9 and July 16, 2006) Electrical problem in pods.

pod failure dry dock September 13, 2006

Summit launched 2002

pod failure dry dock March 2002

pod failure dry dock July 18, 2003

pod failure dry dock September 2004

pod failure dry dock June 3, 2005

pod failure dry dock May 20, 2006

Constellation launched late April 2002

pod failure dry dock (salt water leaked into pods).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My husband is a vegetarian, and Celebrity is the only line that provides him with a complete vegetarian menu for lunch and dinner. :) And the menu is great! We have been on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Disney, and Celebrity really goes out of their way with choices and quality. On other lines, he has been offered one vegetarian choice, take it or leave it.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Millie Transatlantic Nov/Dec 06. We bought several bottles of wine, some beer and coke in port and brought them back onboard w/o incident. Our bags went through the screening machine but nothing was said. We would have allowed them to put them in storage if asked to do so but nothing was said. We did not consume the wine during the cruise so there was no corkage charge.

I used the sauna in locker room off the pool/spa area 3 times and was the only one there. It had a large picture window and was pretty neat while crossing the Atlantic. I wouldn't waste my money on the Persian Gardens, it broke on my cruise and we got a spa credit but I didn't find the showers anything special. JMHO

It is entirely possible that you will read every bit of documentation you are given, both on-line and in hardcopy, but until you read the ship's daily on the first day of your cruise, you will likely have never heard of the ban on the use of travel irons aboard ship -- but you'll see it then, after you've lugged it all the way from home. Save yourself the weight in the suitcase.

Right in their on-line FAQs under "packing"

What not to Pack

For the safety of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard:

• Irons
  • Coffee makers
  • Candles
  • Illegal drugs
  • Electrical Transformers
  • Flammable liquids and explosives, such as fireworks.

Link: http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000Sa30gxSF6ZYfhzOStTPm6ey:1028etq20?pagename=packing

You can have shrimp cocktail, salmon and baked potato any night in the dining room even though it is not on the menu.

Marilyn

Also, a sirloin steak is offered evry night. These items are listed on the left side of the menu right below the Chef's Choices.

The specifics on wine, again, according the the official Celebrity policy, clearly stated on their website is this:

"Beer, Wine or Spirits brought onboard by our guests will be placed in storage and returned on the last day of the voyage."

Please note that I bolded the word wine in the above quote.

The rest of the information regarding corkage fee would apply only to gifts of wine delivered to the ship from an authorized vendor. You can read the exact wording here:

http://www.celebrity.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=00003qt_5bJ8J-wCUzpdWg7HL-H:1028etq20;jsessionid=0000j64S5zmG2kq5sJ9EYWdZ-Cc:1028etmk3?faqSubjectName=Food+and+Beverage&faqId=505&pagename=faq_answers

Here'sthe wroding at the above link.

Does Celebrity charge a corkage fee?

Subject: Food and Beverage

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. If a guest receives a bottle of wine (in their stateroom) from a family member of friend, and that bottle(s) was purchased from our Bon Voyage Gift selection, then no corkage fee will apply if they wish to consume the bottle in the dining room or any public area. If a guest receives a bottle from an outside vendor and/or travel agent, and the bottle was not purchased through our Bon Voyage selection, then a $25.00 corkage fee per bottle will apply if they wish to consume the wine in the dining room or any other public area. The fee will be applied to the guest's onboard account. Alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

I few weeks ago - Celebrity had posted that you could bring on two bottles of wine per cabin. I do not believe that this has changed.

Nomatter what ship we are on we always take our booze & wine back to

our room, that way we can have our friends to our room for cocktails.

St. Martins (Ray's / Downtown) & St. Thomas are the best and cheepest

places to buy.

:mad:

My husband is a vegetarian, and Celebrity is the only line that provides him with a complete vegetarian menu for lunch and dinner. :) And the menu is great! We have been on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Disney, and Celebrity really goes out of their way with choices and quality. On other lines, he has been offered one vegetarian choice, take it or leave it.

I sure wish I had known about the vegetarian menu it seem like I was

eating Chicken every night and alot of shrimp.

X Galaxy March 16 2007 10 Day

Sun Princess April 2005 10 Day

With regard to the recommended gratuities, for Celebrity, there are three different categories, based on your cabin type:

Regular Stateroom

Concierge Class

Suite

The total recommended gratuity, on a per-person, per-day basis is as follows:

Regular Stateroom: $10.50

Concierge Class: $11.00

Suite: $14.00

You may charge the gratuities on your ship board account, or use cash at the end of the cruise.

For help with preparing cash, or just budgeting the amount, visit the Cruise Tip Calculator. You select the cabin type, then enter the length of your cruise and the number of people in your cabin. The calculator will tell you the total recommended amount, and if you indicate your desired gratuity, it will break out the number and types of bills you need for each of the individual envelopes.

Theron

• 1 month later...
These items are listed on the left side of the menu right below the Chef's Choices.

I never noticed this on the menu during our previous cruises on X... As far as I can remember, below the Chef's choices were the wine stewards suggestions... Is this something new ? If not, I'd better buy me a pair of glasses.:D

Archived