Parking car in Ft. Lauderdale

bailey450

Does anyone know a reliable place to park which would also provide transportation to and from port. Thanks

http://www.pnf.com

The Park N Fly worked great for us. Service was excellent and for a 7-day cruise, the entire price was $52.50 reserved and paid in advance at the above internet site. The shuttle was already waiting at the port terminal when we disembarked (at 9:30 - late number/color because we were driving) so we didn't even have to call them. 5 minute ride from lot to port. It's a good bit cheaper than the port parking and in my opinion more convenient.

KK, thanks, I guess you gotta pay for that convenience.

Doone, personally I think the Park N Fly is MORE convenient than the port parking because the shuttle picks you at your car the second you pull up and takes you back to your car. It's my understanding with the port parking you have to drop off your luggage and pax and then park, true?

I have generally parked at the cruise port, but with the coupon last October (and encouragement from drdaddy) I tried PNF. The coupon rate was pay for 6 and get 1 free for a total of $45. The shuttle to the port was great. My cruise returned to FLL during the hurricane damage - no lights, no facilities in port - and pnf went out of their way to make sure we all made it back to our cars. They had shuttles constantly running as long as there were passengers needing a ride. I would encourage anyone driving into the cruise port to try them.

Rich

.. It's my understanding with the port parking you have to drop off your luggage and pax and then park, true?

If you park at the port the deck is directly across the street from the HAL terminal. You can do it any way you want- drop off luggage and pax, drive across the street and park, and walk a few steps back across the street to the terminal OR you could all park and roll your luggage across the street (an overhead walkway). Either way it couldn't be more simple and I absolutely guarantee we are on the interstate before you are back at your car. But it doesn't matter. They both are convenient ways to drive and cruise, but the port parking is certainly not any less convenient or easy than parking outside the terminal.

I suppose like all else, a lot depends on what each person considers convenient, so it's all good. I'm so used to parking at off-site lots flying out of Atlanta that's where my comfort zone is. I'm sure you can appreciate that since you live here, too... there is NOTHING convenient about parking at Hartsfield-Jackson!

I suppose like all else, a lot depends on what each person considers convenient, so it's all good. I'm so used to parking at off-site lots flying out of Atlanta that's where my comfort zone is. I'm sure you can appreciate that since you live here, too... there is NOTHING convenient about parking at Hartsfield-Jackson!

And we park at Park-n-Fly on Camp Creek Parkway and shuttle. H-J and Port Everglades are not the slightest bit similar. Believe me, parking at the port is absolutely NOTHING like parking at H-J. There is nothing but the width of the street between the terminal and your car and you are walking these few steps on a covered over-the-street walkway. The porter rolls our luggage into the parking deck and puts it in our trunk and we are out and on our way to the interstate in less than 5 minutes from finding our luggage. If it was any distance at all the porter is not going to waste time putting it in our car still parked in the deck.

In FLL, we had always parked in the parking garage across from the ship. It was $12/day. For a 7 day cruise, that is $84.

This time we saw the coupon and calucated it would be $45 for the same 7 days, a savings of $39 (or as my wife might say, it pays for 2 Bingo sessions). :)

It took a little longer to arrive and depart but not too bad. I will do Park N' Fly again when we cruise in February.

One last thing, when we went to pay, the posted rate was no different with or without the coupon, $45 either way. It seems that the only purpose for the coupon that we found in our travel documents, was to get our attention... It worked, we tried Park 'N Fly but there is no actual difference in cost!

Guys this is great information. I have never sailed out of FLL. Where is the Park-N-Fly? Is it near the airport and is the airport near the cruise terminal? This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know how far Palm Beach is from the cruise terminal?

Thanks.:)

In FLL, the Park 'N Fly is less than 5 minutes from either the FLL Airport or the cruise pier.

Last January we used Auto Rent aka Continental Parking. Their rates were $6/day (at that time they also had a coupon on their website for one free day). They are located right outside of the port also. They have a van to and from the port. Many cruisers were using them. Their website is bnm.com/flor.

Last January we used Auto Rent aka Continental Parking. Their rates were $6/day (at that time they also had a coupon on their website for one free day). They are located right outside of the port also. They have a van to and from the port. Many cruisers were using them. Their website is bnm.com/flor.

mafig, I think we'll probably want to stick with the pier parking, but did want to check your idea out. That web address didn't work ... are you sure about it?

Archived