Baggage Handling Company question

FraserK

Looking to use this service for the 'in laws' in July...

Can I ask what happens to the cases at the end of the cruise?

When we used them (a few years ago) we handed them over to a van driver on the quayside. Which means, of course, that we had to get them to the quayside ourselves. So either put them out the night before and collect them from the baggage shed, or do self-disembarkation.

They turn up at home a few days later.

Looking to use this service for the 'in laws' in July...

Can I ask what happens to the cases at the end of the cruise?

You put them out at night, then reclaim them, in the morning, so you can go through customs with all your luggage. The BHC will be just by the door as you leave the terminal or by their van just outside. If you get a porter and tell him where you luggage is going he will find them. Works very well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going to use them as we will be travelling by train from Edinburgh and my hubby wants to bring his kilt on the train....which is very very heavy!!!

First cruise - cannot wait

Kat

We are going to use them as we will be travelling by train from Edinburgh and my hubby wants to bring his kilt on the train....which is very very heavy!!!

First cruise - cannot wait

Kat

The best way by train is Edinburgh to Newcastle then Newcastle to Southampton Kat. We've travelled by train for years now and this is definitely the easiest though not the shortest. We book the legs separately so we have time for a coffee and buy some snacks at M&S in Newcastle

Leave Edinburgh 9:30 Arrive Newcastle 11:00. Depart Newcastle 11:35 arrive Southampton 17:20 (or thereabouts!)

When you hand over your cases in Southampton to The Baggage Company, double check and get them to write down for you the day that they will be dropping off the cases, we were told the wrong day so waited in for nothing. I now ring and check with them the day they are collecting and dropping off.