AARP e-gift card delivery time

landsear

I've always received the AARP e-gift cards within 10-15 minutes of purchasing them. You may want to contact the AARP rewards contact number to check on your order. Hope it works out quickly and seamlessly from this point forward and that you have your e-card ASAP.

If you had it sent to a Gmail account, check the Promotions tab. That is where I found mine. The subject said Rewards eGift Card. I was expecting it to mention AARP in the subject, but it didn't.

I always have gotten mine within minutes. The length of time it takes me to log into my email and check, it is usually there.

However, I did have an instance once where I did not get it and about an hour later I called and they were happy to resend it, and then I got it right away the 2nd time.

Yes, I just purchased a 500 egift card and by the time I got logged into my email, it was there waiting. Did you receive the confirmation email confirming the order? Does it show up in your history on the aarp website? I would call if either of those answers are a yes.

If you had it sent to a Gmail account, check the Promotions tab. That is where I found mine. The subject said Rewards eGift Card. I was expecting it to mention AARP in the subject, but it didn't.

Thank you! It was there :)

On the aarp website...where do I find the gift cards?
They're on the Rewards for Good portion of their site. You have to be logged in to get to the gift cards. If you're on the Rewards homepage, click the "Rewards Catalog" link. On that page, go to Gift Cards - Travel or Travel - Travel Gift Cards. A link to the Carnival cards will be in the sidebar on the left side of the page. If you don't see that, they aren't available at the time. But currently they are available.

What kind of deal does AARP offer for carnival? I just turned 50 so wondering if it’s worth signing up?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't have to be an AARP member nor do you have to be a certain age. Anyone can get them. It's free to sign up.

It's 10% off.

What kind of deal does AARP offer for carnival? I just turned 50 so wondering if it’s worth signing up?
They don't offer any discounts on Carnival directly. Their Rewards for Good program (what teknoge3k is talking about) has Carnival gift cards for 10% off face value. You can get $100 Carnival card for $90 and $500 cards for $450. They can be used for pretty much everything Carnival. Paying for the cruise, buying things in the Fun Shops, Cheers, purchasing excursions, on board spending, etc. You can sign up for free, earn points through email promo codes and taking quizzes on their website, and cash in those points towards the purchase of the gift cards.

As for whether or not it's worth becoming a member, that's up to you. Check out their member benefits and discounts on their website to see if you'd find any of them useful. There's a lot of different kinds. I just joined a few weeks ago. I'm not even 50 yet, you don't have to be to take advantage of the discounts. It only cost me $12 for the first year by signing up for their automatic renewal, but I can cancel after the first year. We used it for our rental car for our June cruise and it saved us over $130. Plus hotel discounts. So well worth the initial $12. If we don't think we'll use it after that, we'll just cancel.

They don't offer any discounts on Carnival directly. Their Rewards for Good program (what teknoge3k is talking about) has Carnival gift cards for 10% off face value. You can get $100 Carnival card for $90 and $500 cards for $450. They can be used for pretty much everything Carnival. Paying for the cruise, buying things in the Fun Shops, Cheers, purchasing excursions, on board spending, etc. You can sign up for free, earn points through email promo codes and taking quizzes on their website, and cash in those points towards the purchase of the gift cards.

As for whether or not it's worth becoming a member, that's up to you. Check out their member benefits and discounts on their website to see if you'd find any of them useful. There's a lot of different kinds. I just joined a few weeks ago. I'm not even 50 yet, you don't have to be to take advantage of the discounts. It only cost me $12 for the first year by signing up for their automatic renewal, but I can cancel after the first year. We used it for our rental car for our June cruise and it saved us over $130. Plus hotel discounts. So well worth the initial $12. If we don't think we'll use it after that, we'll just cancel.

Great to hear! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well I able to score 2 $500 e/gift cards and 1 gift card that had to be shipped. So $1500, 150 in saving. Not to bad. Checked this morning there are on $100 card left.
I'm showing both denominations available, but only in physical card form.

I've never heard of AARP ... what is it?
American Association of Retired Persons. An organization that's based on helping out senior citizens and the elderly. But they've kind of branched out and now just about anyone can become a paid member and take advantage of many of their discounts.

What we're referring to here is their Rewards for Good program. It's a rewards system separate from their paid membership and is free for anyone to join. It lets you accrue points (through email codes and taking quizzes on their website) and turn those points in for discounted gift cards. In our case, discounted Carnival gift cards. They sell $100 & $500 gift cards at 10% off face value. Those Carnival cards can be used for just about everything...paying off a cruise, excursions, Cheers, purchasing items from the online Fun Shops, or can be deposited in your S&S account when you get on board.

This is the main AARP thread on these boards. A lot of info there: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208976

You can sign up for Rewards for Good here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good