Miami transportation options with young kids???

skiier353

We are flying into Miami the night before our cruise, staying at a hotel in Miami Beach, and then the next day we'll head over to the port where our Disney cruise departs. We are travelling with our 3 and 5 year old, but am having difficulty figuring out transportation between airport/hotel/cruise port. We did not get Disney ground transportation and our hotel does not have a shuttle service.

Does Uber or Lyft drive kids without car seats? I'm also fine reserving a shuttle and obviously putting regular seat belts on the kids....I just don't want to pay money to reserve transportation and the driver denying us service since we aren't bringing car seats.

Help!!

I would check the family cruise board to see what others have done.

You can bring your own car seats - the airline will check them for free if you choose not to use them on the flight. I would tip the cab or Uber driver extra $$ for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seats.

You might consider another hotel near MIA that offers airport shuttle service - most of those shuttle vans do not require a car seat; then shuttle back to MIA and use the Disney transfer bus; more expensive and slower, but safe without car seats. ;)

For what it’s worth...Hampton Inn South/Blue Lagoon has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. They also (for a fee) have a contracted shuttle service available for you to be taken to the port the next day. We are trying this in June. Hope it’s as smooth as it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Buy bubble bums - inflatable booster. That’s what we use when traveling- easy to pack and never had any issues using in taxis, Lyft or Uber. Yes the 3 yo doesn’t meet booster criteria but the drivers don’t know and are happy you have them. They also come in handy at home as they make a great 3rd seat between 2 standard seats as bubble bum is narrower.