Disney in a day

ShrinkinTexas

We docked in PC at 7am and didn't have to back onboard until 5:30.

Hired a driver for the day and he took us to Hollywood Studios. Waited, picked us up at the front gate, took us to Animal Kingdom, waited, took us to Epcot and then back to the ship. Our own personal transport! It was great. With rope drop and fast passes we were able to over 10 rides.

Worth it for us (we used our Disney reward credit card points) for one day park hopper (not cheap though) but gave us our Disney fix for a few years.

Thanks for the report. I might have focused on just one of the WDW parks instead of bouncing around, but it sounds like you were able to see/do what you wanted.

Care to share who you used for transport and what you paid? :confused:

The transportation to and from the ship and to and from each park, we paid $250.

We arrived at park one at rope drop. We only rode RnRollercoaster. Had we arrived about 30 min earlier, we could have done Toy Story and RnR, but after bag search and all, it was already a 55 min wait for TSM, so we skipped it. That was my fault, as I couldn't get my 4G to get off the ship's tower and go to 4G to get Uber. Took me almost 45 minutes to figure that out.

We then went to Animal Kingdom, where we had FP. We rode Dinosaur, Everest (once with a FP and 3 times in the single rider line). We then rode the new Navi River. We could have squeezed in It's Tough to Be a bug, but didn't.

Then to Epcot where we were able to get a FP for Nemo. By then, it was 2:00 or so, and people were heading to the countries and not as crowded in Future World. We then rode Soarin via standby line, and the single rider line for Test Track. Finished the day up with Spaceship Earth. Probably could have squeezed mission space, but didn't want to push it.

This gave us the "disney fix" for a few years. With Uber and tickets, yes we paid over $650 for 2 people, but heck...that's cheaper than a Disney vacation.

The transportation to and from the ship and to and from each park, we paid $250.

We arrived at park one at rope drop. We only rode RnRollercoaster. Had we arrived about 30 min earlier, we could have done Toy Story and RnR, but after bag search and all, it was already a 55 min wait for TSM, so we skipped it. That was my fault, as I couldn't get my 4G to get off the ship's tower and go to 4G to get Uber. Took me almost 45 minutes to figure that out.

We then went to Animal Kingdom, where we had FP. We rode Dinosaur, Everest (once with a FP and 3 times in the single rider line). We then rode the new Navi River. We could have squeezed in It's Tough to Be a bug, but didn't.

Then to Epcot where we were able to get a FP for Nemo. By then, it was 2:00 or so, and people were heading to the countries and not as crowded in Future World. We then rode Soarin via standby line, and the single rider line for Test Track. Finished the day up with Spaceship Earth. Probably could have squeezed mission space, but didn't want to push it.

This gave us the "disney fix" for a few years. With Uber and tickets, yes we paid over $650 for 2 people, but heck...that's cheaper than a Disney vacation.

Must be the pass I have, only allows FP to one park, and only 3 total per day. My pass allows full park hopping too.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Whew! That's a full day, but awesome you got to do it. We live an hour from the parks and have Florida resident passes and I can't remember us ever doing three parks in one day. But now I'm kinda inspired to try it!

bobandsherry, once you have used your initial 3 fp, you are allowed a 4th, in a different park if you choose.

Floridan, it's a thrill. No, it's not the typical, come spend the day, 2 hrs in lines, everyone hot and cranky....no. It's plan, plan, plan and do not deviate. We always do 2 parks a day when at Disney and sometimes 3 parks on our last day prior to shuttle pickup to hit the highlights. With rope drop at one park and FP at another park, it's not too difficult.

Back when I first started going to Disney--10 years plus, there was a travel planner called Tour Guide Mike. If your choice, he stressed really "seeing Disney". Not---sleeping in late, having a late breakfast, getting to the park at 10:00 and having hour long waits, with family members getting upset, etc. He stressed getting there at rope drop before the crowds, having a plan, and maximizing your day. I can sleep in late at home, go eat breakfast at home, etc. I'm spending the money to see Disney. That's why I say we weren't willing to wait for 55 minutes. In all my years, I've never done that. Usually it's 10-15 minutes.

To each his own...we don't go on vacation to relax.

Before boarding the ship, we did 36 hrs in New York City and saw almost everything (Statue, 9-11 museum and memorial, Central park, broadway show) then 24 hrs in Philly to see the historical stuff, and then to Baltimore. There's time enough for sleep in the grave....my husband is almost 50 we're not kids anymore. It also helped that our first 2 cruise days were at sea so we had some downtime.

Wow...good for you. I guess it is much easier when you have no kids : ) With our 2 children i would not even dare to visit more than one park. We used park hopped in the past (with one kid) , but i was barely breathing by the end of the day.

• 5 months later...

We are planning on the Getaway out of NYC in April 2019 and I've been reading through these threads to see if it makes sense to do the Disney excursion the date we are in Orlando. We dock from 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm so I think it's doable and we realize we won't see everything we want but will certainly make the most of our time.

My question is, once we purchase our one day ticket how do we get Fast Passes? We've done Disney vacation's before where we get the option online to schedule fast passes but I wasn't sure if this was the same option when purchasing just a ticket and not the entire vacation.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you

My question is, once we purchase our one day ticket how do we get Fast Passes?

You can get FastPasses online 30 days prior to your visit at this link. If you have your heart set on riding something specific, it's always best to log on that day. The system starts taking reservations at 7 a.m., Eastern. For future reference, you can book FastPasses 60 days out if you're staying at a Disney resort.

You can get FastPasses online 30 days prior to your visit at this link. If you have your heart set on riding something specific, it's always best to log on that day. The system starts taking reservations at 7 a.m., Eastern. For future reference, you can book FastPasses 60 days out if you're staying at a Disney resort.

Thanks so much for the quick reply, really appreciate it.

Wow! We walked Animal Kingdom in one day and didn't see it all!

LOL, we've been annual passholders for more than two years and, on average, we visit the parks at least once a month and we still haven't seen it all!

We are planning on the Getaway out of NYC in April 2019 and I've been reading through these threads to see if it makes sense to do the Disney excursion the date we are in Orlando. We dock from 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm so I think it's doable and we realize we won't see everything we want but will certainly make the most of our time.

My question is, once we purchase our one day ticket how do we get Fast Passes? We've done Disney vacation's before where we get the option online to schedule fast passes but I wasn't sure if this was the same option when purchasing just a ticket and not the entire vacation.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you

Once you buy your ticket, tie it to your disney account and you will be able to get the fast passes. If you don't get your tickets until the day you get there, then you won't be able to book fast passes until that day and have to hope that they have availability.