Star Princess Review + Escape Room and New Planetarium Program

kmhkmb

Sorry - 9 meters is correct. When I heard it on the ship I incorrectly converted it to 10 meters in my head and typed it incorrectly in my OP.

Edited by kmhkmb
Fixed a typo

• 3 months later...

It is extremely disappointing that the Planetarium program, if it proceeds as apparently designed, will NOT be wheelchair accessible!

The stage of the Princess theatre is not wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair passengers currently cannot go on the backstage theatre tour, and on most (of not all) of the ships, cannot even access/sit in the front of the theatre--the wheelchair seating is in the back of the theatre. In fact, anyone with a mobility restriction preventing the going up and down several steps would be excluded.

Since this is a pilot program, Princess needs to evaluate other potential locations for this (possibly the upper floor of the solarium or in a large lounge (since apparently the dome is not left in place but put up and taken down because obviously the theatre stage is used for performances).

We were really looking forward to this activity. We are going to contact Princess and express our concerns about wheelchair accessibility for this activity. I urge others to contact Princess as well expressing concerns about accessibility for those with mobility restrictions.