PE to MIA INT Hotel transfer ...

royzer76

Hi folks.

I am looking for recommendations or tips for a post cruise transfer from Port Everglades to MIA (well a hotel near there to be precise).

I’m in the UK if that matters. I’d need to be able to book from here.

So far I’ve discovered ‘Go’ and ‘SAS’ seem popular.

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.

SAS, QLS and other popular shared shuttles usually do not service the MIA airport and nearby hotels - either because of a business decision or licensing issues.

A taxi - including minivan and SUV taxis good for 4-5 plus bags - will run about $75+ depending upon where your hotel is located. For 2-3 plus normal bags (meaning no one packs like my wife :( ) UberX or standard Lyft car share will run about $35-40. Depending upon day of the week and traffic the ride takes about 45-60+ min.

Go Airport can offer both shared shuttle and private transfers if you have a big group and prefer to book ahead. I would also reach out to Larry's Limos for a private transfer quote. My last choice, but an option to consider, is the cruise line transfer bus to MIA and then the hotel shuttle from MIA to your hotel.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint - whatever bitter your local pours will be fine! ;)

SAS, QLS and other popular shared shuttles usually do not service the MIA airport and nearby hotels - either because of a business decision or licensing issues.

A taxi - including minivan and SUV taxis good for 4-5 plus bags - will run about $75+ depending upon where your hotel is located. For 2-3 plus normal bags (meaning no one packs like my wife :( ) UberX or standard Lyft car share will run about $35-40. Depending upon day of the week and traffic the ride takes about 45-60+ min.

Go Airport can offer both shared shuttle and private transfers if you have a big group and prefer to book ahead. I would also reach out to Larry's Limos for a private transfer quote. My last choice, but an option to consider, is the cruise line transfer bus to MIA and then the hotel shuttle from MIA to your hotel.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint - whatever bitter your local pours will be fine! ;)

Ha ha ... thanks.

We’ve used the cruise line’s (Royal Caribbean) transfer bus to Mia on a few occasions and it’s always been a total shambles and long lines. That’s why we are looking at other options ... we would only have a day use room at a hotel before an evening flight.

I did look on SAS’s website and the info on there does seem to suggest they can’t help.

Can you book Uber or Lyft in advance or is just a case of looking on the app when we arrive at PE?

According to their website ‘Go’ can do it for $86 but I don’t know if that is good or not?

Thanks again for the help.

Uber or Lyft will require a smart phone with data, and you request the ride when you clear customs/immigration - typical wait times at PE are about 5+ minutes. The fare to your hotel or MIA airport should be $35-40+tip, which is about 1/2 of what Go Airport quoted you. Even just grabbing the first taxi in line should only run about $75+tip.

There is a hotel inside the MIA airport - cleverly called the Miami Airport hotel :rolleyes: - that offers day rate rooms. I'm sure some of the surrounding hotels will also offer day rates - call around or search www.between9and5.com and other day rate sites.

Another option I would not recommend (time and hassle) is to taxi to the closest Tri-Rail station (probably the FLL station) for about $15+ and then ride the train to MIA for under $5 each.

Good luck with your planning. :)

Uber or Lyft will require a smart phone with data, and you request the ride when you clear customs/immigration - typical wait times at PE are about 5+ minutes. The fare to your hotel or MIA airport should be $35-40+tip, which is about 1/2 of what Go Airport quoted you. Even just grabbing the first taxi in line should only run about $75+tip.

There is a hotel inside the MIA airport - cleverly called the Miami Airport hotel :rolleyes: - that offers day rate rooms. I'm sure some of the surrounding hotels will also offer day rates - call around or search www.between9and5.com and other day rate sites.

Another option I would not recommend (time and hassle) is to taxi to the closest Tri-Rail station (probably the FLL station) for about $15+ and then ride the train to MIA for under $5 each.

Good luck with your planning. :)

Thanks again for the great advice/tips.

It would be only 2 people, 2 suitcases.

Uber would be your cheapest option by far. You just need to make sure you have cellular data service on your phone. It may be such a savings to use Uber that paying for some data or upgrading your plan for the month to cover data in the US might be well worth it.

Uber would be your cheapest option by far. You just need to make sure you have cellular data service on your phone. It may be such a savings to use Uber that paying for some data or upgrading your plan for the month to cover data in the US might be well worth it.

Thanks. Will def look into that.