Can this be done? Naples

Matysgirl

Sure it can be done. There will be plenty of cabs at the cruise port looking to pick up fares, especially all day fares like this.

I would not do this on the meter, however. Negotiate a price before hand.

Naples has a fairly robust fixed-fare system for taxis but San Lorenzello is not one of the named destinations, not surprisingly.

However, it's about the same number of miles from the cruise port as Amalfi, so I would use that full day fixed fare of €230 as the absolute most I would be willing to pay. You can start the negotiations by asking the driver what he would charge for a full day trip to San Lorenzello and back and see what he offers, he may suggest a lower number.

You can see the fixed fares on the city's web site here: http://www.comune.napoli.it/flex/cm/pages/ServeBLOB.php/L/IT/IDPagina/1193

I would suggest trying a private hire car such as romeinlimo.com or italytoursharing.com, companies I have seen mentioned on these boards many times. They should be able to give you a price and if it's doable, plus maybe let you stop other places on the way back if there is time.