Wine & Corkscrew Questions

CruiseGal999

Last year, we flew from Lax to MIA to Santiago,SA.....since we arrived early and had a Princess transfer, the buses took us on an unplanned city tour(as sometimes they do) and so all our checked luggage was loaded on to a truck.....Waiting in the bus I suddenly realized my 2 bottles of wine "expertly wrapped" needed to be removed from my checked luggage....so requested my bag from the truck ..... they dug my bag out and I opened it up and to my surprise there sat my 2 bottles...on top of my clothing........not an once of wrapping on them.....

Where is Bugs??????

Are you referring to my old Avatar? My new Avatar is from a card the DW gave me for our anniversary. Hard to see, but it is two rabbits hugging in front of the moon. I'll put the Bugs Avatar back up in a month or so.

Originally posted by CruiseGal999 Yeah ... MD20/20 and Boone's Farm are NOT on my list. :D

Oh god! :eek: They have gone way past those!

I didn't mean that was what the other poster was recommending. I was kidding and I meant these were screw top types in my youth ... as the other poster mentioned his/their youth, also.

I do know really good label wines are coming in screw top bottles. I'll just have to see what's available.

Luckily ours has always shown up.

Hi Rabbit, Your not Lucky you’re very LUCKY. My friend once opened his suitcase one bottle was gone the other was broken. His clothes smelled like :whiskey-glass: :eek:.

Your friend The Captain of The Rowboat, :D

Tony

Originally posted by CruiseGal999 Yeah ... MD20/20 and Boone's Farm are NOT on my list. :D

I didn't mean that was what the other poster was recommending. I was kidding and I meant these were screw top types in my youth ... as the other poster mentioned his/their youth, also.

I do know really good label wines are coming in screw top bottles. I'll just have to see what's available.

I knew that, was pulling you leg. Should have added the LOL at the end! LOL

Hi Rabbit, Your not Lucky you’re very LUCKY. My friend once opened his suitcase one bottle was gone the other was broken. His clothes smelled like :whiskey-glass: :eek:.

Your friend The Captain of The Rowboat, :D

Tony

Ouch, not good. We have padded wine bottle sleeves from SW Airlines what we use when packing the wine. Yhey are also leak proof.

I usually pack a couple of cheap ones, one in my purse and one in the carry on... they are the type that have a plastic case and you put the cork screw in the case of plastic... don't think anyone has taken them, but they will take anything like a knife..