Price dropped, got upgrade - then last minute cancelation

Cinnamon2

Two weeks before our Carnival Pride cruise, the price dropped. My wonderful TA was able to move us from an inside category cabin to a balcony and we even got a $1.70 refund! We were all packed, passports in my purse, luggage tags attached, carryon packed, ready to roll. Planned to drive from north NY to Baltimore, spend a couple of days with family, then board the ship Sunday noonish. Overnight before our drive and 2 days before sailing, DH became ill and we spent the morning in the ER. He's OK, but the doctor advised us not to go on the cruise in case of a recurrence. We canceled our cruise, will file an insurance claim and expect a full refund. Happy DH will be OK and hoping to cruise next winter. Now that weather will be getting nicer, no need to cruise until the snow flies again. A reminder that insurance is a must have. Just venting here . . . . thank you for reading.

I'm so glad your hubby is doing well now...

I read posts by people who insist that they've been so smart all these cruises that they've 'saved' the equivalent cost of a cruise by not buying insurance... it's like all insurance though, you buy it hoping you NEVER have to use it... but all it takes is one incident like yours to make up for all the cost of insurance you've paid out over the past cruises.

I can't imagine the upset I'd feel, if knowing that a loved one (or me) had a health scare and on top of that it was going to cost us a few thousand dollars more because we didn't spend $100 on an insurance plan!

I've been that irrational person in the past, but now I won't travel without it. Like I won't drive without car insurance. Or live in a house without house insurance.

Enjoy that cruise next year when you finally get to go on it!