What does MSC laundry packages include?

MouseBerry

On 6/15/2018 at 5:35 PM, hematite153 said:

Thanks.

My other concern is about allergies to perfumes.

I have been doing my own laundry (and laundry for my family) when on vacation for years in order to travel with as little clothing as possible. However, the lack of self service laundry on MSC has me nervous. (For some reason it didn't occur to me to check on this before booking.) More than one of us have allergies to scented products. If our own clothing gets perfume locked into it we may be in trouble. Is there any way to get our clothing washed with unscented products?

Allergic to fragrances here, not the smell but the touch.  I was so surprised when in our cabin on embarkation day there was a note stating that they use fragrance free products for the linens and in the laundry.  Never seen this on any other ship. I wish they all did this!  Will just have to bear it come January on NCL.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

On 11/10/2019 at 5:50 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

That use to be the case but MSC started changing it last Dec.  I just purchased it a couple of days ago and on the website it now states that all 40 pieces have to be sent out at the same time. Below is the quote, notice what I highlighted.

BACK HOME CLEAN - 40 PIECES
Book now and save 15% vs. onboard price!
Including:
  • Max 40 items per cabin
Ideal for families or couple on longer cruises.
Extend the relaxation after a wonderful long holiday by returning home with your clothes washed, dried and ready to put away.

Please note that dry cleaning is excluded, and that silk, wool, men's suits and evening dress are excluded from the final day of the cruise option as they require special treatment. Item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not accepted. Items are collected before 12.00pm, returned before dinner the next day. Refund not available for unused item allowance.

OH NO!!! We are on a 22 Day Cruise April 12 on the Meraviglia . I certainly don't want to wait until I have 40 items to be washed all at the same time! I was hoping to take less clothes and maybe do 10 at a time!!! 

Oh I hope this changes ... 

Edited by copper6606

10 hours ago, copper6606 said:

OH NO!!! We are on a 22 Day Cruise April 12 on the Meraviglia . I certainly don't want to wait until I have 40 items to be washed all at the same time! I was hoping to take less clothes and maybe do 10 at a time!!! 

Oh I hope this changes ... 

We are the Seaside for 21 days in 19 days, I will let you know how it goes but if it is like it was last year, you have to send them all out at once.  I was able to send a few out at a time because I complained and had printed out the page from the website that said you could send a few out at a time but since the wording has changed I won't be able to do it now.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:54 AM, skings said:

Maybe we will need to find laundromat in Ponta Delgada LOL😅 The clothesline in my shower will be filled with my giant undies.

I am on the Meraviglia sailing with copper

Does the shower have a clothesline or will I need to bring my own?