No FTTF on Horizon until December 2018

I am sailing on Horizon in November and am super excited! I was hoping to surprise my husband with FTTF and wrote to Carnival to ask about FTTF and received the following response saying FTTF will not be available on Horizon until December. I am disappointed, but still super excited about my cruise.Just curious why they won't be offering FTTF yet.

"Response By Email (04/17/2018 11:28 AM)

We are sorry to inform you that FTTF is not offered on Carnival Horizon until December of 2018.

Your sailing in November does not offer FTTF, and we know that this is not the answer you were looking for and apologize for any disappointment, but we do look forward to welcoming you on board for a Funtastic cruise vacation.

Best Regards,

Mauricio

Carnival Cruise Line

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Not certain, but I believe it's because there are greater numbers of platinum and diamond cruisers on the earlier sailings, so there wouldn't be enough capacity to offer FTTF as well. That said, does that theory still hold once they are sailing out of Miami? Not sure.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Not certain, but I believe it's because there are greater numbers of platinum and diamond cruisers on the earlier sailings, so there wouldn't be enough capacity to offer FTTF as well. That said, does that theory still hold once they are sailing out of Miami? Not sure.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That makes sense!

FTTF won’t be offered on Horizon out of the Port of Miami until the December 1st, 2018 cruise. This is common practice for Carnival with new ships being stationed in new ports. They did same thing with Vista.

Its been advertised on their site for quite some time that FTTF would not be available on the Horizon until it gets to Miami.

Correct, since they do this with every new ship.

There have been plenty of threads here about this.

FTTF won’t be offered on Horizon out of the Port of Miami until the December 1st, 2018 cruise. This is common practice for Carnival with new ships being stationed in new ports. They did same thing with Vista.

Correct, since they do this with every new ship.

There have been plenty of threads here about this.

I haven't sailed Carnival for a few years and haven't been on the Carnival boards so I was not aware that they do this with new ships.Thank you everyone for the info :)

"Response By Email(04/17/2018 11:28 AM)

We are sorry to inform you that FTTF is not offered on Carnival Horizon until December of 2018.

Your sailing in November does not offer FTTF, and we know that this is not the answer you were looking for and apologize for any disappointment, but we do look forward to welcoming you on board for a Funtastic cruise vacation.

Best Regards,

Mauricio

Carnival Cruise Line

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

My question now is I wonder when they will open up FTTF for cruises after Dec. 2018? We have a cruise booked on her for Feb, 2019 and you would think that they could sell that excursion before Dec seeing how it's going to be offered for our cruise. Hope that makes sense.