Best Cruise Line

littlemoos

IMO it all depends on what you want on your cruise. DH and I have only cruised on Norwegian and we loved it. We are both laid back, want to go at our own pace, like to eat and drink kinda people. We enjoyed Norwegian for VIBE, all of our kids are grown, so we like having the option to get away from kids. The adult only section (spice H20) still had kids running around, VIBE did not. I can only give my opinion on the cruise line we have sailed on. I would say research, research, research. Find out what each cruise line offers and choose one that caters to what you like to do.

I'm sorry but this is an absolutely useless question without additional info. Other than your choice of Carnival for your previous experiences (and we don't know why you chose that line repeatedly), we have no idea of your travel preferences or other factors.

I suggest you peruse the CC forums with attention to noticing the differences between industry segments, namely Mass Market (e.g., the spectrum from Carnival to Celebrity or Disney), Premium (e.g., Oceania, Azamara and wannabe Viking), Luxury (e.g., Regent, Crystal, etc). Information from the various discussion threads will either appeal to your or not and that will give you a bette sense of "best fit."

Better still, interview several cruise TAs and the good ones will help you to narrow your choices.

Some folks will tell you the line doesn't matter -only itinerary. Usually, many who say this have never experienced other than the mass market. IMO, it's just the opposite. It's easier to find more similarities in itineraries than between/among cruise industry segments.

As for us, we find the best overall experience and value to be in the premium segment and, in particular Oceania, which is considered by many travel writers to have the "best food at sea."

Bottom line: read the threads and talk to the TAs.

Your question is absolutely 100% unanswerable. Even if we know more about you which we don't and what you are looking for in a cruise, it is still unanswerable. You need to do your own research and then come back w some specific questions. My suggestion is to read the reviews and cruise line descriptions on CC. Go to the library and take out one of the many books on cruising and cruise lines. Talk to people whom you know who have cruised. I could tell you how I pick cruises and what lines that I like but I can almost guarantee that they will be different from the ones that you would probably like.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

DON

Of course the question is answerable- the OP asked YOU for the cruise line YOU consider to be the best and why. That is presumably information that you have at your disposal, is it not?;)

Of course the question is answerable- the OP asked YOU for the cruise line YOU consider to be the best and why. That is presumably information that you have at your disposal, is it not?;)

Actually, if you read OP's question, he wanted input about lines so he would not be missing out on something. He was not asking us what WE liked as much as he was seeking information about what HE might like more --- and he did not give us sufficient information about what was important to him to enable us to answer.

Excuse me. Perhaps I should've said that the question is answerable but not in any way that (without further OP input) would be truly useful or efficacious. (Makes me think of someone trying to cut the grass with a scissors)

Had OP asked this of a TA (at the very start of their first interaction), a good one would answer the question with a question about OP's interests, preferences and means. S/he might then offer an opinion about, which lines "I like for you" and "why."

Nonetheless, I did answer the question by naming the cruise line I prefer and stating the reasons as being "overall experience and value" as well as "best food at sea."

If OP wants more specific info than that, s/he really needs to provide more info identifying their own experience, preferences and means.

Better still, OP could use the CC search feature since the same question has been asked and answered a zillion times.

Actually, if you read OP's question, he wanted input about lines so he would not be missing out on something. He was not asking us what WE liked as much as he was seeking information about what HE might like more --- and he did not give us sufficient information about what was important to him to enable us to answer.

"What is the best cruise line in your opinion and why?" was the question asked. Your "why" would give him the information he needs to decide if it's something he's interested in or not.