Waitlisted ship tours

suekay

We are shortly going on Oceana after a break of 13 years from P&O cruises, so aren't sure about what happens when we've been waitlisted for a ship tour. The email we got from P&O stated that "We continue to clear waitlists onboard". Are some spaces kept back for those who don't book tours online? Would it be worth going to the excursions desk when we board? (unfortunately late in the day) Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

We are shortly going on Oceana after a break of 13 years from P&O cruises, so aren't sure about what happens when we've been waitlisted for a ship tour. The email we got from P&O stated that "We continue to clear waitlists onboard". Are some spaces kept back for those who don't book tours online? Would it be worth going to the excursions desk when we board? (unfortunately late in the day) Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

In most cases with waitlisted they will try to get another coach and guide. We have often got a place when waitlisted. However some trips are limited by other factors rather than spaces on a coach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The tour is Cinque Terre so a boat may be involved. I do hope we get on a tour as we've done Florence a few times, Pisa once and Lucca once but that was on a Sunday and everywhere was closed. Again we are in Livorno on a Sunday[emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forums mobile app

Spaces are not kept for onboard bookings, as I have discovered to my cost. It's hit and miss as to whether places may become available but keep checking as people cancel tours.

That seems very unfair to the non-computer literate passengers (mainly elderly I would imagine)

If someone does not have a computer or book online they usually go to a travel agent or book directly with P and O over the phone. They will be offered a booklet containing all the details of excursions and their luggage tags about 5 weeks before departure. P and O will make sure that they have covered all bases to take people's money for excursions. ;p

That seems very unfair to the non-computer literate passengers (mainly elderly I would imagine)

It's also not good for those of us with mobility issues who prefer to watch the port presentations first.

The tour is Cinque Terre so a boat may be involved. I do hope we get on a tour as we've done Florence a few times, Pisa once and Lucca once but that was on a Sunday and everywhere was closed. Again we are in Livorno on a Sunday[emoji22]

Which port are you docking in? If it is La Spezia then it’s possible to get the train along to Cinque Terre if you don’t get a tour.

If someone does not have a computer or book online they usually go to a travel agent or book directly with P and O over the phone. They will be offered a booklet containing all the details of excursions and their luggage tags about 5 weeks before departure. P and O will make sure that they have covered all bases to take people's money for excursions. ;p

You won’t get the brochure now if you’ve booked any saver fare. They reserve that for select fares now. If saver fare booked, it will all have to be done online including luggage tags. Another cost saving exercise.