Voom Package

Sailing on Allure May 13 2018. If I order a 3 device Voom package will I get 3 different aces codes that I can give one each to my 2 kids families so we can communicate or use however. Would they need a Voom code actually attached to their cabins instead? If so is there a way in cruise planner to purchase for their cabins using my OBC? Trying to figure how to do this. And for each different device code given- if they had been logged in with a smart phone then one of them logged in with a tablet, it would let them in but log out the smart phone and vice-a versa?

Do yo actually get charged for 7 days not 6 since we leave late on embarkation day and regular cells will be working and arrive early on debarkation day and cells will be working. It seems like there should be a 6 day option since do not get full 7 days.

Does anyone know price onboard for single days if really only need sea days for communicating.

If bought onboard there are different packages- surf and surf and stream correct and what are prices? Buying in advance you get the full surf and stream correct? Where are the onboard purchase options listed in the forums?

I am leaning towards purchasing now unless kids tell me not to for some reason. But really will only need on sea days and Likely the San Juan Day.

I am assuming purchase price onboard for fewer days and lower plan with just surfing option would likely be higher priced than purchasing for entire time in advance. HELP!

You get one access code for a 3-device package. Not related to stateroom number.

You get charged by the number of nights.

Onboard prices:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

You're not paying by the night per se. It's the cost of the package for the sailing.

Not sure how far out you are, but there are usually some good deals I found with Voom. In both cases it was cheaper for me to buy two single devices than a 2 device package. But I'm almost certain they provide a unique code for each device.

... But I'm almost certain they provide a unique code for each device.

This has not been the case for us.

If we buy two 1-device packages, we get two access codes.

If we buy one 2-device package, we get one access code.

This has not been the case for us.

If we buy two 1-device packages, we get two access codes.

If we buy one 2-device package, we get one access code.

Maybe it's just the tekguy in me talking. But with a single code, you go to the royal-wifi landing page and enter the code. You're on. Whoever was logged in last would get disconnected. I think a layman can understand that logic.

When you allow a fixed number such as, 3 - 4 devices to share a code, it gets a bit more complex to manage. I don't think they have the IT resources to manage that. It's not to say they don't do it, but based on my experience, I say it's unlikely. But then again, I've always just requested individual plans because it was easier to assign the cost to friends.

Maybe it's just the tekguy in me talking. But with a single code, you go to the royal-wifi landing page and enter the code. You're on. Whoever was logged in last would get disconnected. I think a layman can understand that logic.

When you allow a fixed number such as, 3 - 4 devices to share a code, it gets a bit more complex to manage. I don't think they have the IT resources to manage that. It's not to say they don't do it, but based on my experience, I say it's unlikely. But then again, I've always just requested individual plans because it was easier to assign the cost to friends.

Royal has two different behaviors when a VOOM package reaches the device limit:

- another device gets automatically kicked off

- an error message is displayed which says the maximum number of devices is logged in and one must be logged off before a different device can be logged in.

If the ship is using the latter behavior, the error message indicates how many devices are logged in.

Royal has two different behaviors when a VOOM package reaches the device limit:

- another device gets automatically kicked off

- an error message is displayed which says the maximum number of devices is logged in and one must be logged off before a different device can be logged in.

If the ship is using the latter behavior, the error message indicates how many devices are logged in.

Anyone know which behavior occurs on the AOS? That would make a difference. Is the wifi available as soon as you board or get to cabin for code? Offer right now for that sailing is $15.99 -1 device surf and stream. $30.38 -2 device surf and stream. $43.18-3 device surf and stream. Rather have each family manage their own code. The slight savings is not worth the possible problems if it kept a whole family from finding the rest of us because too many devices left logged on.

I called RCCL planning, and at first said might give 3 different codes with 3 device plan. When I pushed it had to go ask. Did say could sell me the 3 single device plans and attach to different reservation # though. Really want primarily for connecting with each other. I assume this price for surf and stream beats anything onboard. Comes close to the "surf" only price onboard (whatever that means). But I assume the extra power can't hurt.Thought I read here where some people have come up with strategies to allow for easier communication on the ship within their group w/o inviting the distraction of the whole world in. How does that work? I do not foresee everyone wanting to stay online. No kids over 11.

Anyone know which behavior occurs on the AOS? That would make a difference. Is the wifi available as soon as you board or get to cabin for code? Offer right now for that sailing is $15.99 -1 device surf and stream. $30.38 -2 device surf and stream. $43.18-3 device surf and stream. Rather have each family manage their own code. The slight savings is not worth the possible problems if it kept a whole family from finding the rest of us because too many devices left logged on.

I called RCCL planning, and at first said might give 3 different codes with 3 device plan. When I pushed it had to go ask. Did say could sell me the 3 single device plans and attach to different reservation # though. Really want primarily for connecting with each other. I assume this price for surf and stream beats anything onboard. Comes close to the "surf" only price onboard (whatever that means). But I assume the extra power can't hurt.Thought I read here where some people have come up with strategies to allow for easier communication on the ship within their group w/o inviting the distraction of the whole world in. How does that work? I do not foresee everyone wanting to stay online. No kids over 11.

Onboard pricing:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105