Taku Lodge Feast with private tour company

hopestotravelmore

Hi all.

I am off to Alaska 8th May 2019. Busy organising excursions. I want to do Taku Lodge Feast and 5 Glacier float plane with Princess but it hasn't appeared on their shore excursions.

I got in touch with the company they use and they said they have a vacancy for that afternoon at 3pm. We are in Juneau 12 to 10pm.

My question is: Should I book with this company who by the way doesn't offer a quarantee to get u back to the ship in time or get u to the next port? Is this a risk. Someone said that the flight after them was held up two hours due to fog and had to remain at the lodge until they could take to the air again.

I also found Shoretrips which offers the same excursion which leaves at 12.30 and they do offer a return to the ship guarantee. This sounds a better time with more time to get back if fog and weather is an issue.

What should I do? Its so confusing.

Thank you

Maureen

We did this excursion through Celebrity in 2014. It was wonderful. I saw it on the Princess list. If you don't see it, I would check with Princess Due to length of the excursion, I would opt to book through the cruise line.

I did this tour through HAL last July and it was well worth my time, money, and effort to do so.

If you feel more comfortable with the possibility of returning late, book through Princess.

Depending upon the time that your ship is due to sail and the time expected back in Juneau, it might be safe to book through the Company. I'd book the earliest time period available for the tour to provide a bit more time at the end of the tour for a late arrival.

Hi all.

I am off to Alaska 8th May 2019. Busy organising excursions. I want to do Taku Lodge Feast and 5 Glacier float plane with Princess but it hasn't appeared on their shore excursions.

I got in touch with the company they use and they said they have a vacancy for that afternoon at 3pm. We are in Juneau 12 to 10pm.

My question is: Should I book with this company who by the way doesn't offer a quarantee to get u back to the ship in time or get u to the next port? Is this a risk. Someone said that the flight after them was held up two hours due to fog and had to remain at the lodge until they could take to the air again.

I also found Shoretrips which offers the same excursion which leaves at 12.30 and they do offer a return to the ship guarantee. This sounds a better time with more time to get back if fog and weather is an issue.

What should I do? Its so confusing.

Thank you

Maureen

You do mean 2018, correct?...I booked the tour with Princess for May 14, 2018...really looking forward to it.

Edit..I guess you do mean 2019 as I just looked at your sailing...so you really are not off until a year. I thought it was next week,LOL(lost in translation)

No reason to pay for an excursion this far out. Ours was 320USD pp the same price as the vendor.....hold tight as Princess will probably renegotiate with them, but have not as yet.......Our sailing is a few weeks away and there is still space on the tour.

I booked my sailing in Late January and this excursion thru Princess... all the excursions on our sailing....until about 2 months out, still had great availability even now, very few are sold out or wait-listed and for those they have also added new times...with minimal price increases.....I've been checking them cause I was curious.

I certainly would not tie up any money,this far our especially if I had to convert.

BTW.....did you ask the vendor if they were planning to work with Princess in 2019?

Edited by land lover

• 1 year later...

We booked this and looks like the same company you can book direct with is the same company doing the ship excursion. There should be no issue getting back to the ship on time.

Plus, and for once, the cruiesline price for the excursion was actually CHEAPER than booking direct with the charter company.