Sunshine and magnetic walls

RNic

I had come to the conclusion, after reading many, many posts, that the walls are not magnetic on the Sunshine. Then my husband saw a video showing magnets on a wall and a woman saying they are. Anyone know, from experience, if they are or aren’t? Is it possible it varies by deck?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had come to the conclusion, after reading many, many posts, that the walls are not magnetic on the Sunshine. Then my husband saw a video showing magnets on a wall and a woman saying they are. Anyone know, from experience, if they are or aren’t? Is it possible it varies by deck?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Just to clarify. The walls, ceilings, doors, etc... on the ship are "not" magnetic. They are made of metal, and a magnet will stick to metal.

Just like your refrigerator...it is not magnetic, but if you put a magnet on it, it sticks.

hope this helps

Hi

Just to clarify. The walls, ceilings, doors, etc... on the ship are "not" magnetic. They are made of metal, and a magnet will stick to metal.

Just like your refrigerator...it is not magnetic, but if you put a magnet on it, it sticks.

hope this helps

I was going to let it slide. I think everyone knew what the OP meant when asking about the walls being magnetic.

But since you felt that we needed clarification, let's clarify.

Not all metals are attracted to magnets. Only ferrous metals (those containing a significant amount of iron). Non ferrous metals like aluminum, copper, zinc, gold, silver etc. don't react to magnets at all.

So if a ships wall were made of aluminum for instance, they'd still be metal but not able to attract a magnet.

I was going to let it slide. I think everyone knew what the OP meant when asking about the walls being magnetic.

But since you felt that we needed clarification, let's clarify.

Not all metals are attracted to magnets. Only ferrous metals (those containing a significant amount of iron). Non ferrous metals like aluminum, copper, zinc, gold, silver etc. don't react to magnets at all.

So if a ships wall were made of aluminum for instance, they'd still be metal but not able to attract a magnet.

thank you, the walls did not want to connect to the magnets that i had brought on board. and were very strong magnets.

We were on the Sunshine in February. We travel with a over-door shoe organizer that we put up with magnetic clips. On most ships, we can put this on the bathroom door (easy peasy organizer for tolietries!!). Unfortunately, it wouldn't stick on the Sunshine.

We were on the Sunshine in February. We travel with a over-door shoe organizer that we put up with magnetic clips. On most ships, we can put this on the bathroom door (easy peasy organizer for tolietries!!). Unfortunately, it wouldn't stick on the Sunshine.

Was this the bathroom door or the entrance door? We are wanting to put a grease board ont he entrance door to let our family members know where we are.