Can CruiseNext certificates be applied to existing reservations?

I am cruising on the this Breakaway in November out of New Orleans. All of these Bliss live feed threads have pushed my wife and I to decide to take the plunge and do Alaska in summer 2019. As a result, we are planning to get CruiseNext certificates on our cruise in Early December to help offset some of the cost in 2019.

Part of me wants to make a reservation right now so that I can get the stateroom that I want. I don’t want to do it, however, if I wouldn’t be able to use the certificates on the sailing. We would have > 6 months between sailings... If I reserved today, would I be able to apply the CruiseNext certificates to the reservation later?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think that they are supposed to use them for cruises already booked BUT if you have a PCC with whom you have a good rapport he/she might do it for you.
My PCC did and took 2 certificates![emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I am cruising on the this Breakaway in November out of New Orleans. All of these Bliss live feed threads have pushed my wife and I to decide to take the plunge and do Alaska in summer 2019. As a result, we are planning to get CruiseNext certificates on our cruise in Early December to help offset some of the cost in 2019.

Part of me wants to make a reservation right now so that I can get the stateroom that I want. I don’t want to do it, however, if I wouldn’t be able to use the certificates on the sailing. We would have > 6 months between sailings... If I reserved today, would I be able to apply the CruiseNext certificates to the reservation later?

While it was explained to me on-board the Star as I was buying the certificates that applying them to an existing reservation would require repricing of the reservation, it did look like I could apply them one at a time (using two) online to an existing reservation. Rather, I called the NCL reservation line and, at least on the particular cruise I had booked (March 19 on the Star), the representative was able to do that with no price or perk change.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Even Though the terms says New Reservation, you are still able to apply them to existing reservation. I did it myself. Also if you dont want to wait, you can just buy these certificate on ebay or sometime people offer them on these boards. You might pay extra 10-20$ for it but you can book your vacation now.

CN certificates are often on "sale" on eBay - just search for it (negotiate for your best discounted deals, since nobody paid full face value price for it these days, $100 to $125 off each $250 certificate) - especially those about to expire soon. You can then get it transferred first to your name; and, then apply & use it in making a new booking.

YES! They sure can. I booked Encore when it first went on sail with an existing CNC to cover my deposit. I was going to buy more CNC in January 2019 so I could use one more for Encore (we have a balcony) but in the meantime someone on here was looking to sell one that was coming up to expire. I just bought his instead and immediately called NCL to have it applied to my Encore booking and voila, done!

The key is that for Inside and Ocean View, you are limited to ONE only. If you already used one, you can't use another. If you haven't, then you can still apply one to your booking.

On Balcony and up, you can use two as long as it is more than 6 months out.

Just a FYI I just spoke with customer service. They can apply to voucher to an existing reservation but your departure date must be on or before the date the voucher expires in order to use it.

Not entirely true. The voucher I just had applied for my Encore booking in November 2019 technically expired this month (I purchased it from another CC user). I called NCL and the rep was able to get it approved to apply towards my Encore booking with an exception to the expiration date. Now the catch is if we cancel the booking or change dates for any reason, the certificate is expired and no longer applicable. But they did give an exception this one. I would say always check as it's likely a case by case basis thing.