Coco Cay New Waterfront Cabana locations

We have a small group heading to Coco Cay in early July and I secured one of the Waterfront Cabanas. I have noticed that they have moved the Cabanas to the area adjacent to the water sports area. The previous location near the rocks had a pavilion with bathrooms, bar, and served a private lunch. From the pictures from previous posts, I do not see that the bathrooms or a pavilion has been added to that new area. One member or our party will require a beach wheelchair (which many times, due to limited availability, is not provided for the entire day but just to transport from point A to point B) so our concern is that we would have to walk a distance to bathrooms as well as to the crowded public buffet though the description includes a private lunch.

I have been to Coco Cay several times and see that much has been added however, I am not sure of the status of the new private cabana location and services provided. Can any recent Coco Cay visitor provide any detail of the new Cabana location and the services available within? For clarity, we are not requesting info on the beach bungalows on the South Beach near the floating bar. Thanks in advance!!

We have been in the new cabana's. The area is nice as now you can get right in the water. It does have its own bar and buffet but the restrooms are quite a hike. So a part from the restrooms I like the new area much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been in the new cabana's. The area is nice as now you can get right in the water. It does have its own bar and buffet but the restrooms are quite a hike. So a part from the restrooms I like the new area much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the detail! Will take into consideration based upon availability of the beach wheelchairs. Good to know that at least the bar and buffet are within the area.

Bar and buffet are right by the entrance to the cabana area.

Full suite guests also get an invite to the buffet.

And there some waiters circulating to take and deliver drink orders.

Yes, rest rooms are a hike. Only downside.

Bar and buffet are right by the entrance to the cabana area.

Full suite guests also get an invite to the buffet.

And there some waiters circulating to take and deliver drink orders.

Yes, rest rooms are a hike. Only downside.

Thanks for the information! Very helpful

Yeah, restroom location is my biggest concern, as I will have my DD who can walk, but uses her wheelchair for distances, and me, who because if knee problems have some walking/ balance issues. DH & other DD will be doing jetski for some of the time, so I hope neither of us needs the restroom while they're gone[emoji3]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Our first visit to Coco Cay was on out 25th Anniversary Cruise in February. While at first, the price seemed a bit high, it was the one special thing my wife wanted to do, so we did it.

We had a great time and are signing up for it for future cruises. The restrooms are a bit of trek, especially since walking on sand can be tough. We mentioned our concern when we got there and were told not to worry. When my wife needed to use the restroom, she let the folks in charge know and a golf cart showed up in minutes to take her back and.forth. No muss, no making her feel embarrassed, they just provided the service she needed to enjoy her day.

The upgraded food was excellent as was the bar service. There was a bit of an issue with flies that day when the food was set up, but the staff took action to resolve it quickly. We are looking forward to going back and being pampered again in October 2019.

Oh, thank goodness! I really hope that we have the same experience. One question-- do you know which Cabana # is closest to the entrance? I plan on going to the shore excursion desk as soon as possible the first day to make sure I get the one I want.

Our first visit to Coco Cay was on out 25th Anniversary Cruise in February. While at first, the price seemed a bit high, it was the one special thing my wife wanted to do, so we did it.

We had a great time and are signing up for it for future cruises. The restrooms are a bit of trek, especially since walking on sand can be tough. We mentioned our concern when we got there and were told not to worry. When my wife needed to use the restroom, she let the folks in charge know and a golf cart showed up in minutes to take her back and.forth. No muss, no making her feel embarrassed, they just provided the service she needed to enjoy her day.

The upgraded food was excellent as was the bar service. There was a bit of an issue with flies that day when the food was set up, but the staff took action to resolve it quickly. We are looking forward to going back and being pampered again in October 2019.

Thank you for the good news - I was looking at the tram locations in order to see if there was some close by option. Glad to hear that they step up as required with the golf cart. I noticed that services such as that are available in the Labadee Cabana and Suite section. Between that and the possibility of beach wheelchair availability sure we will be taken care of. Now it is the July heat that I need to consider..... not sure anyone can help me with that! ;p

Thank you for the good news - I was looking at the tram locations in order to see if there was some close by option. Glad to hear that they step up as required with the golf cart. I noticed that services such as that are available in the Labadee Cabana and Suite section. Between that and the possibility of beach wheelchair availability sure we will be taken care of. Now it is the July heat that I need to consider..... not sure anyone can help me with that! ;p
We're actually bringing a small portable fan that has USB power cord, because of the heat. I figure we can plug it into one of our portable charger bricks.

We're actually bringing a small portable fan that has USB power cord, because of the heat. I figure we can plug it into one of our portable charger bricks.

Thanks Mary! That's an excellent idea. My mother has the mobility issues and also has COPD. The heat normally isn't an issue (we live in S. FLA) but want to plan for all possibilities so that she can enjoy her FIRST cruise at age 78. She is very adventuresome but likes to do too much and the heat only makes that worse. She's up for it though! Thanks again.

Agree, fan is great idea. Certain times of year it gets real hot and real humid. First time there was no breeze and water was hotter then the air temp. we stayed about hr....

Thanks Mary! That's an excellent idea. My mother has the mobility issues and also has COPD. The heat normally isn't an issue (we live in S. FLA) but want to plan for all possibilities so that she can enjoy her FIRST cruise at age 78. She is very adventuresome but likes to do too much and the heat only makes that worse. She's up for it though! Thanks again.

Similar situation. Mom on her first cruise, COPD, Mobility issues and avoids excessive heat. She's 73, was caregiver last 4 years for my Step Father who passed last month. With you here, these Woman need and deserve a cruise... Been cruising by myself 60-100 nites a year last 5 yrs. Going try get Mom on a Ship in 2019 and going bring my Daughter, Son in Law and Grand-Daughter. Enjoy your cruise!

Similar situation. Mom on her first cruise, COPD, Mobility issues and avoids excessive heat. She's 73, was caregiver last 4 years for my Step Father who passed last month. With you here, these Woman need and deserve a cruise... Been cruising by myself 60-100 nites a year last 5 yrs. Going try get Mom on a Ship in 2019 and going bring my Daughter, Son in Law and Grand-Daughter. Enjoy your cruise!

Good for you! They do need our support and thanks! I talked to her today and she is looking forward to it even if she has to wait for a beach wheelchair or golf cart. She thinks the shade and the water will be fine to keep her cool but I'm ordering a power brick and USB fan! Love that we can do this