Grand suite on upper deck versus Grand Vista suite

niciediva007

Alright, I am trying not to freak out here. I was booked in a new room type “Grand Vista” room G4 on Elation and then realized that for the money, a room in one of the Grand Suites on the upper deck might be a better bet. The difference was $600 notwithstanding the $100 onboard credit I lost. The room size is approx the same, I lose some windows but for the most part that’s it. I don’t think we get a bathtub anymore since it’s handicap accessible, but I don’t think that should a problem. I’m more worried about the bed space. The Elation deck plan says we will have one upper Pullman and one single sofa bed along with our king. We are bringing our two kids ages 11 and 9 with us. G4 had a double pullout.

Anyone know how this upper grand suite works with more than 2 people? Does anyone have any idea how the handicap accessible rooms look? I’m in one on the end. Pictures of U69/70/114/115 will be helpful!

Two twin beds (convert to king), single sofa bed and one upper pullman. Armchair and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 4 closets. Private large balcony with patio chairs and table.

Note: Bottom half of balcony railing is solid steel panel.

Fully Accessible Cabin: This stateroom is designed for use by guests with highly limited or no mobility, who require the regular use of a wheelchair, scooter or other similar assistive devices. Accessible features include entry doorways into the room and bathroom measuring approximately 32”, full turnaround space of approximately 60” x 60” in the room and bathroom, accessible routes throughout the room, 4" lip onto balcony, 1" lip into the bathroom plus a roll-in shower equipped with grab bars, fold-down shower seat and no tub.

Thank you! I couldn't get the feel of how the two other beds are in this room. I admit the bathroom is kind of a let down, but for the savings, I'm good with it. I wonder how the bed lets out? One upper and a couch bed sounds odd to me.

Did you watch the video posted in the link? It shows the "sofa" made up as a bed. The upper, although not down, is above it.

I'd call it more of an upper and lower Pullman situation than a sofa bed and an upper.

Yeah, that's where I got confused. There is no sofa in this video. There are two pullmans, though the description says a single sofa and one pullman. I'd prefer two pullmans truthfully so my children won't have an awkwards night sleep. There are two chairs in the bed at least for regular sitting. I just was wondering whether the description on the website is wrong/inaccurate, or whether each Elation handicap room set up is different.

I think i made the right decision to switch. My square footage of the suite is only about 12 sf smaller than the Grand Vista, and since space is our biggest issue, I'd say that the savings outweigh the downside. I just hope the bed situation is as I expect it.

Which cabin do you have? cruisedeckplans.com has pictures of all four of the cabins you named. Only U69 has the accessible shower, the others all have the tum. All are listed there as ambulatory accessible...EM

Which cabin do you have? cruisedeckplans.com has pictures of all four of the cabins you named. Only U69 has the accessible shower, the others all have the tum. All are listed there as ambulatory accessible...EM

I’m in U70. I couldn’t access those photos. I think you need to be a member or something.

If you pull up the site, and scroll down on Elation to Grand suite, and click on Handicap, the list of HC suites will drop down and it will show pictures. Click on them to enlarge. They require paid membership to see most pics, but HC pics are free to view. EM

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Carnival-Elation

If you pull up the site, and scroll down on Elation to Grand suite, and click on Handicap, the list of HC suites will drop down and it will show pictures. Click on them to enlarge. They require paid membership to see most pics, but HC pics are free to view. EM

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Carnival-Elation

Thank you, that was helpful! What sucks is that this layout is nothing like the description. This has the old 70s couch instead of the bunk (pullman) bed that the website and deck plan describes. U69 and U70 are supposed to be identical (according to the description and my call with guest services). I would have rather had U69 so my children didn't have to share a sofa but could each have a seperate bed. I wonder if upgrades have taken place that have rendered any of these photos obsolete. The U70 photos were from 2010. Plus, the U69 video was from New Orleans. We are leaving out of Jacksonville.

I guess I need not think of it too much. It is what it is. I just hate that there is so much ambiguity and inconsistency in their literature as compared to what you find online. Thanks!

If it says Upper Pullman, then you will have an upper Pullman. The photo might be a similar room, or it might be that the Pullman is well camouflaged enough that you don't see it. Our very first cruise was on Elation, well before her upgrade, and the Pullman wasn't obvious upon entering the room. But we were so glad to have it, much better than the two kids kicking each other all night...

If it says Upper Pullman, then you will have an upper Pullman. The photo might be a similar room, or it might be that the Pullman is well camouflaged enough that you don't see it. Our very first cruise was on Elation, well before her upgrade, and the Pullman wasn't obvious upon entering the room. But we were so glad to have it, much better than the two kids kicking each other all night...

I really hope you’re right. My kids don’t love to sleep in the same bed together. One is a toss and turner the other is a still sleeper.

The description says one upper Pullman and one single sofa. The photo shows the 70s sectional couch. Does the 70s couch sleep two or one individual?