Coaches/buses at Amsterdam port

I am looking at independent bus tours for Amsterdam for our cruise at the end of this month. I am in favour of booking now but my husband thinks that there might be tour buses parked by the ship waiting for cruisers who want to wait until the very last minute, much like he does.

So do tour operators wait near the ship for people who want to choose only on the day?

I am looking at independent bus tours for Amsterdam for our cruise at the end of this month. I am in favour of booking now but my husband thinks that there might be tour buses parked by the ship waiting for cruisers who want to wait until the very last minute' date=' much like he does.

So do tour operators wait near the ship for people who want to choose only on the day?[/quote']

Admittedly, although I have visited Amsterdam many times, I have only arrived via cruise one time (Celebrity). There were no tour operators waiting at the ship looking for passengers wanting to book a tour. I suggest that you prebook.

Hopefully, our local expert, Ine, will chime in.

I have called at Amsterdam several times and I have never seen any tour operators at the cruise terminal.

However, you do not need to book a ship excursion if you want to do a canal boat tour of Amsterdam. Just walk along to the railway station and in front there are places offering canal boat tours. No advance booking required. Boat, not bus, is the way to see Amsterdam!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As mentioned by others no touroperators at the terminal in Amsterdam. Either book a shipexcursion or book a private tour. However if you want to stay in the city, do it yourself. Take cab, Uber or tram and visit the places you want to see. Prebook Anne Frankhuis, van Goghmuseum, Rijksmuseum to avoid long lines. Amsterdam is compact and very walkable also.

As mentioned by others no touroperators at the terminal in Amsterdam. Either book a shipexcursion or book a private tour. However if you want to stay in the city, do it yourself. Take cab, Uber or tram and visit the places you want to see. Prebook Anne Frankhuis, van Goghmuseum, Rijksmuseum to avoid long lines. Amsterdam is compact and very walkable also.

This local company offers tours, but you will need to get to their office to start the tours. Next question then is, what to do with your luggage? https://www.lindbergh.nl/nl/