A fun and different thing to do in Cozumel, Trikes Cozumel

Choozin Croozin

First off, we have been to Cozumel many, many times. We are not the lay on the beach and drink kind of people. I have always read that snorkeling is not all that great in Cozumel, so we have not done that. When we were in Aruba a few years ago, it was the same scenario and someone suggested Trikes Aruba. My husband jumped at the idea and he loved it! So when I was searching for things to do in Cozumel, I found Trikes Cozumel. Score!

You have to walk all the way out of the terminal and the gates to meet someone from Trikes. He showed up on time and hailed a taxi to take us to their location (they pay). It's a small building kind of off the beaten path, which is nice because after we filled out the paperwork, there was a nice quiet side street that they let you practice on before heading to the road. Once comfortable we were off.

Fast forward...if you want to do something a little adventurous, fun and different, you should really try this "tour". They take you down the frontage road where all the resorts are and then over to the beautiful "wild" side. There are stops for photo ops, as they take pics of you all throughout the day and post them to FB (no payment). We had people in jeep tours pass us by and you could tell by the look on their face that they wanted to be us. LOL It really is so much fun. Oh and did I mention the stop for Tequila tastings and a very good lunch (included). The tequila is amazing. Nothing like we get in the states. The guy explains the process and was vey interesting. It was a very nice day.

My dh is 69, so I would say any age will work. lol The bikes are gorgeous and so quiet and smooth. Anyway, I just want others, if this is your kind of thing, to experience this.

Get your motor running... head out on the highway....:D

THANK YOU FOR THIS! I just booked for our October cruise. Never would have know about this without you, looks so fun!

• 3 weeks later...

A big thank you for recommending this excursion—we were on the NCL Getaway last week and the Trikes trip in Cozumel was a highlight! The guides were great and we saw a lot of the island. I contacted Trikes via their website and received prompt emails from them. We would highly recommend this excursion! 86b1ec7c1545635424a80cba816675a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...

This looks like a lot of fun. I don't have a lot of arm strength & was just wondering if the trikes are heavy & hard to handle. I've also never driven a motorcycle so wondering how hard this would be. TIA

• 1 month later...

We did the Trikes in Aruba last November.  Had a great time.     Not sure if I would want to do it in Cozumel.   We go down alot just to dive and stay downtown across from the terminal.  Dive shop is right around the corner.   We love driving but I hate it when the ships are in port,  just like years ago when we bareboated all over the Caribbean - we would look at the cruise schedule and avoid the islands when they were in .  Now it is worse - many more ships in at the same time.  It is busy from the Ferry dock all the way down to the other cruise docks in Coz.

There is one main road along the ocean and it is packed when ships are in.   Stop and go.  One time we were walking and made it the 10 blocks way before the taxi that picked people up where we started from.   This happened in Aruba around the port - stop and go.   It is ok when you head out of town.  

I would do a morning ride rather than afternoon to make sure you are not late for the ship.  ALso, email them and ask for a map of the route - hopefully they will send you one and you can see what roads you will be on.   

It was fun.