Our Ranking - Seaside Metropolitan Theater Shows

georgemoe

Just got off Seaside yesterday (Apr 28 - May 4) with a large group and had a great time. Enjoyed the ship and thought the staff and crew wonderful.

Thoughts: Yes the shows include repetition but there was nothing we disliked. I thought of it like an old school variety show. Sets were simple and eye catching. Enjoyed all four singers. Talented dancers and performers. Seats really comfortable. CD Stephen Cloete is very funny and does a nice job setting up and closing the shows.

Tips: If the shows are important to you, book them all the first day. The 2nd 8:00 and 3rd 9:15 shows sell out pretty much every night (only 2 shows on Saturday). You will need your ship card or wrist band to enter the sold out shows. There are generally plenty of seats available for the 1st 6:45 show. Seats mid theater along the center isle can go quickly. We tried to arrive 20 minutes before show time to get the best seats.

Our ranking:

1) Timeless (Michael Jackson) - Wednesday

2) The Dream - Sunday

3) The Fly - Thursday

4) Peter Punk - Friday (we have this ranked lower than most others - still a very good show)

5) Forever Frank - Saturday (only two shows)

6) The Wizard - Monday

7) My Life In Music - Tuesday

Just got off Seaside yesterday (Apr 28 - May 4) with a large group and had a great time. Enjoyed the ship and thought the staff and crew wonderful.

Thoughts: Yes the shows include repetition but there was nothing we disliked. I thought of it like an old school variety show. Sets were simple and eye catching. Enjoyed all four singers. Talented dancers and performers. Seats really comfortable. CD Stephen Cloete is very funny and does a nice job setting up and closing the shows.

Tips: If the shows are important to you, book them all the first day. The 2nd 8:00 and 3rd 9:15 shows sell out pretty much every night (only 2 shows on Saturday). You will need your ship card or wrist band to enter the sold out shows. There are generally plenty of seats available for the 1st 6:45 show. Seats mid theater along the center isle can go quickly. We tried to arrive 20 minutes before show time to get the best seats.

Our ranking:

1) Timeless (Michael Jackson) - Wednesday

2) The Dream - Sunday

3) The Fly - Thursday

4) Peter Punk - Friday (we have this ranked lower than most others - still a very good show)

5) Forever Frank - Saturday (only two shows)

6) The Wizard - Monday

7) My Life In Music - Tuesday

They are fantastic and nothing like an old school show.

What time did you have dinner?

What time did you book the shows?

Our dinners in MDR were 7:30 and shows were 9:15.

On evening we dined at Pan Asian 8PM so did the 6:45 show.

We booked all shows on Saturday via the app.

Does anyone know if the shows are identical the second week on a 14-day cruise? We booked a November 14-day Seaside cruise and I expected that the entertainment would be different for 14 nights but now I’m thinking we will only get 7 different nights of entertainment in the Metropolitan Theater. Thoughts?

What else, if anything, will be identical to Week 1 during Week 2? We are Yacht Club. Will the menus be the same for the second half of our cruise? I hadn’t even thought of this! We always do 14-day cruises and never had a duplicate second week. This is our first MSC cruise and I hope MSC doesn’t give us two identical 7-day cruises...