Using Capital One card to purchase AARP Carnival Gift Cards

waldreps

Just out of curiosity, I tried to purchase a gift card from Allstate with my Capital One card and it ended with the same result. I give up. Capital One just doesn't play nice with the AARP rewards or Allstate rewards. Everything matches exactly but their card processors just won't approve it. I'm pretty sure the same company runs both so that didn't surprise me. Anyway, I give up. I've tried everything I can think of. I wanted to use my credit card instead of my debit card. My debit card works fine with the same address. Thanks for everybody's suggestions.

I had this problem. I called capital one, they had me make sure the address matches exactly. It didn’t. They told me to wait 24 hours and try again. In the mean time I also received a fraud alert in my email which asked me to verify the purchase attempt. I did that, waited the 24 hours and then was able to purchase without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this problem. I called capital one, they had me make sure the address matches exactly. It didn’t. They told me to wait 24 hours and try again. In the mean time I also received a fraud alert in my email which asked me to verify the purchase attempt. I did that, waited the 24 hours and then was able to purchase without issue.

I've changed addresses with both places, copying and pasting to make sure they were the same, waited days, and it still doesn't work. I've tried that several different times with various versions of my address like Southwest instead of SW. They always match but the card always gets declined by the AARP card processor.

I've used BOTH our Cap One Journey and Carnival M/C to buy 5+3 $100 AND 2 $500 gc's since the beginning of June. The only problem I ran into was with the Cap One, I had to add the back 4 numbers onto our zip code. Lol, strange but it kept kicking it back for incorrect addy... You might want to try that and see if it takes. I hope it gets worked out for all that have been having problems with the purchases. That 10% is a great perk. Imo anyway.

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

I've used BOTH our Cap One Journey and Carnival M/C to buy 5+3 $100 AND 2 $500 gc's since the beginning of June. The only problem I ran into was with the Cap One, I had to add the back 4 numbers onto our zip code. Lol, strange but it kept kicking it back for incorrect addy... You might want to try that and see if it takes. I hope it gets worked out for all that have been having problems with the purchases. That 10% is a great perk. Imo anyway.

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm able to use my debit card from my local bank on the AARP site with the same address with no problem so I'm not missing out on the 10% perk. I just wish I could use my Capital One card for it.

Thanks, I'll try that. I'm able to use my debit card from my local bank on the AARP site with the same address with no problem so I'm not missing out on the 10% perk. I just wish I could use my Capital One card for it.
Gosh, hopefully one day you'll be able to. I'd probably be very agitated if our journey Cap One didn't work(or starts not to), lol I'm cheap and only use our cc's for the points.

That isn't enough for Capital One cards. I know the addresses have to match. That is fairly standard. The problem is that RFG wants the address format to match as well. For example, if an apartment number is officially the first line of your billing address, RFG wants that first even though having the street address on the first line is also an acceptable way to write an address. The USPS will deliver mail to either format.

Most places that ask for your billing address don't care about the street address/apartment format. Even if they say the addresses must match, they really only care that the zip codes match. RFG only seems to have a tantrum when someone tries to use a Capital One card.

the exact match is likely due to their card processing agreement in that RFG gets a lower charge rate in exchange for exact data matching. RFG is likely weeding out fraud. as an online merchant, RFG holds the liability for fraudulent charges as any charges refuted/contested are charged back to RFG.

the exact match is likely due to their card processing agreement in that RFG gets a lower charge rate in exchange for exact data matching. RFG is likely weeding out fraud. as an online merchant, RFG holds the liability for fraudulent charges as any charges refuted/contested are charged back to RFG.

What is RFG?