Dilemma re: booked 5 into room for 4

Spastica

We are 2 families traveling together in August on Seaview. Booked on the phone directly with MSC in July 2017 our room is an aft suite for 4 of us and our friends are 9001 which at the time was advertised as a 2 bedroom grand Suite.

Now we all know only a few are true 2 bedroom suites but we were hoping 9001, would sleep 5. I haven't heard from anyone in that room yet to confirm so my friend called MSC Monday and was told that room is only 4 person.

Also told no other 5 person rooms left.

What recourse do we have? MSC booked the room knowing there would be 5 people and we have booked flights etc around this cruise.

Thoughts?

Spastica ... Go to the Seaside photo thread that I set up and start from the last pages, I am sure someone posted photos of 9001 in there and not sure if someone did sleep with 5 in one of the suites with an extra bed.

There is no room in the Aft Suite to sleep more than 4.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2569812

Thanks Dave. We want to keep the aft suite and it's not the one we have a problem with as it's just 4 booked into it...it was 9001. I thought I recalled hearing someone had done 5 in 9001 but haven't seen photos. I just hope that MSC allows it since it was their error

Edited by Spastica
Hit post before I was done typing

Someone did post photos of a 5th bed in one of the GS but not sure which one it was.

I posted a photo of 13001 with a fifth bed added to the floor underneath the bed that pulls down from the ceiling. If 9001 is similar in layout to 13001, you could do the same.

We also had booked 13001 for 5 thinking it was a two bedroom. When we arrived at checkin, we discovered that MSC had "given" us another Fantastica balcony to solve the problem. But, we wanted to be together, and after a long battle, MSC agreed to add the bed.

If I were you, I would try to get this settled before you get there. I'm not sure how you can make sure a bed is added. We were told at checkin that there would be a bed in our suite, but it did not arrive until very late the first evening (and after quite a bit of back and forth with Guest Services and Housekeeping).

Aside from the bed issue, we enjoyed the Seaside!

I am pretty sure they will find or switch a cabin if they need to. When we booked the Seaside we had 3 in our cabin, however the shipped was far from completion when we booked in 2015. Later on, probably a year and a half after we got an email that our original cabin no longer held 3 people and they moved our cabin to another that did hold 3. They would be well aware of your reservation having 5 people on it. They may have to come up with something, but I think they would figure it out.