Tender reduced flow question

Hi, everyone.

Traditionally for tender, we have booked an excursion through the ship to have the time to go down etc.

Last cruise we screwed up and were late so they actually let us go straight to the front of the line and we made the tour with about 30 mins to spare. So in retrospect, that was great.

This time we will tender in grand cayman and I am wondering if we chose to do turtle farm on our own, should we sleep in and arrive to the tender line when it is at a point of a lesser wait?

Are there any late risers here who have found a low point for the tender wait in Grand Cayman? Thanks. I am a special snowflake and can overheat quickly in the tender boat.

Hi, everyone.

Traditionally for tender, we have booked an excursion through the ship to have the time to go down etc.

Last cruise we screwed up and were late so they actually let us go straight to the front of the line and we made the tour with about 30 mins to spare. So in retrospect, that was great.

This time we will tender in grand cayman and I am wondering if we chose to do turtle farm on our own, should we sleep in and arrive to the tender line when it is at a point of a lesser wait?

Are there any late risers here who have found a low point for the tender wait in Grand Cayman? Thanks. I am a special snowflake and can overheat quickly in the tender boat.

about an hour after tendering begins you should be ok

Hi

I would say about 1/2 hr., about the time it takes to fill two tender boats. It goes pretty steady after that. If you wait an hour, definitely no wait, except for the time it takes to fill the tender.

If you want to get to the turtle farm on your own, Grand Cayman is a great island to rent a car. You can see a lot and get to some great beaches.