Less expensive option in Costa Maya

Camp30185

Costa maya is a family favorite! Most of the beach bars in Manahahaul are not AI and I agree with you, with the eating and drinking on the ship, we are looking for a break from it when at the beach! We went to the Crazy Lobster last time and had a wonderful time. Great seafood, palm trees, white sand, hard to go wrong. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you take the tram out of port,you can get off at the first stop and walk along the entire malecon (only a couple of kilometers long) and find a place that suits you. then you can most likely get access to "free" loungers with paygo on food and bevies. However, the entire way you will be harassed to stop at every beach club by "lounger hawkers". So best to read up and select a spot before heading out. Krazy Lobster has been mentioned. You'll see a lot of reviews and posts here on Tropicante (where you can email and reserve loungers at no charge. Good to do if several ships will be in port when you are there). Pex Quadro and YaYas are 2 other places. Some people like Barefoot Beach, but it has taken ship excursions in the past and can get crowded.

Also Blue Kay is a well reviewed spot. But you're best going there via taxi as it has it's own separate entrance and parking and the tram doesn't stop there.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Looking for a good option for family with older teen boys in Costa Maya. I see a lot of the beach clubs are all inclusive but are they a reasonable price?

Maya Chan is $ 59 pp for adults and $ 49 pp for ages 8–17. We found it to be very reasonable for what was included (transportation, food, drinks, water equipment, etc.). Very nice, not crowded and no vendors wandering the beach selling items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We take the $3pp tram ride to Krazy Lobster. Nice beach.

No charge to use lounges, tables, swim, etc.....

They just ask that you buy some lunch, drinks

or bottled water. Fair enough.

We usually have nachos and bucket of brews.

And we only stay for a few hours...but you can stay

as long as you want I think.

Personally, we can't eat and drink enough to

justify an all inclusive price. We spend maybe

$25.

Mauricio runs the place...say Hi.

Bob

• Like 1