Wheelchair transfers Zeebrugge to Bruges

Lila2008

As I undestand it, we are unable to walk through the cruise Port are where Sapphire Princess docks to the gate where we can get a taxi to Bruges. As Princess wheelchair accessible transfers have already been fully booked, any other suggestions?

As I undestand it, we are unable to walk through the cruise Port are where Sapphire Princess docks to the gate where we can get a taxi to Bruges. As Princess wheelchair accessible transfers have already been fully booked, any other suggestions?

It’s been several years since we arrived in Zeebrugge where we took a bus from the ship to the train station outside of the port gate. From there we took the train to Ghent but as I recall we could have gone to Bruges. We returned to the ship on the same bus from the train station.

Edited by Astro Flyer

If you’re able to get on a coach and put your wheelchair in the luggage hold the free bus will take you to the local train station. The service at the station is excellent for wheelchair users, we were taken to the first available train. We didn’t even have time to buy the tickets before boarding the train but the ticket collector issued us return tickets. It’s very cheap using the train rather than the ships excursion.

I would also look into a taxi. Buses are not permitted in the historical area and drop you further out at a parking area and you walk into town. The taxis on the other hand are permitted to drive into town. Ours dropped and picked us up right in the center of town at the outdoor market. This sounds much easier for you, see prior post as that taxi name sounds familiar, ours was prebooked waiting for us. Good luck! Bruges is so beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would also look into a taxi. Buses are not permitted in the historical area and drop you further out at a parking area and you walk into town. The taxis on the other hand are permitted to drive into town. Ours dropped and picked us up right in the center of town at the outdoor market. This sounds much easier for you, see prior post as that taxi name sounds familiar, ours was prebooked waiting for us. Good luck! Bruges is so beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked it with 6 or 8 other people thru our roll call for both ways and price was pretty reasonable and they dropped us off center of town by town square and was waiting for us as agreed.