Symphony of the Seas/Mediterranean ----- Questions???

Since the itineraries are different it may be hard to answer my questions. We are on the 10/14, 9 day. Ports are Palma 8-4, Marseille 9-6, La Spezia 8:30-8:30, Rome 7-7, Naples 7-6:30, Sea, Valencia 10-10, Sea. When might the shows be? What shows are a must see? Which ports require a shuttle to access the cruise terminal? We have MTD but I understand that we can reserve a dinner at the Solarium Bistro in lieu of the dining room......anyone try this yet?

Any other tips would be great!

Thanks

You won't really know your showtimes until they show up in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website. Keep checking, they could show up anytime.

I knew that.....was hoping someone who was recently on the Symphony could answer the other questions....TY

As there hasn´t been a 9 nigher yet there won´t be anyone knowing the entertainment schedule ;-)!

Palma - there´s a app. 5 Euro shuttle going to town or you walk 830 m to the public bus (1.50 Euro one way)

Marseille - walk about 10 min (follow the green line) and you find a free port shuttle getting you close to Place de la Joliette

La Spezia - you need to take the free shuttle to the cruise terminal building

Civitavecchia - you need to take the free port shuttle out of the port area. There you find a shuttle to the train station (2 Euro one way) or walk 20 min to the train station

Naples - you can just walk off the ship

Valencia - sorry, haven´t been there yet

steamboats

Since the itineraries are different it may be hard to answer my questions. We are on the 10/14, 9 day. Ports are Palma 8-4, Marseille 9-6, La Spezia 8:30-8:30, Rome 7-7, Naples 7-6:30, Sea, Valencia 10-10, Sea. When might the shows be? What shows are a must see? Which ports require a shuttle to access the cruise terminal? We have MTD but I understand that we can reserve a dinner at the Solarium Bistro in lieu of the dining room......anyone try this yet?

Any other tips would be great!

Thanks

Marseille, Palma and Civitavecchia are all ports that either require or recommend a shuttle into town. Palma is one where you could walk, and I would estimate it would take probably 20-30 mins walking. Civitavecchia is a very industrial dock, so they required shuttles (free) into the town. If planning on Rome proper, it's about an hour or more there and back from the dock. Naples drops off right in the heart of town, and I haven't been to Valencia yet so I'm no help there.

As far as shows to see, the ice show, 1977 was really fun to watch show. The other headling shows, Flight and Hiro were unavailable on our sailing, so I cant comment on them. For the most part, shows tend to coincide with the schedule of the traditional dining times. Also on port days, most shows start after the main dining service would end, where as on sea days it seems to start around the same times as the traditional dining. Maybe a little before or after, depending on the show. Big tip for the show is book Aquatheatre early, so that you have a chance to catch should it get rescheduled. Also for 1977, I would recommend getting there a little earlier, to catch one of the center ice seats, so that there are no support poles in view.

Solarium Bistro for dinner works more like a specialty dining restaurant that is included, so you can make reservations as you would normally for any other restaurant. We were able to just walk in one night, and found the meal enjoyable.

-Shane

Thank you.....that helps. Is there a Broadway show as there is on the Allure? Not sure what 1977 is. The port info helps. In Palma we plan to taxi to the market to start the day; in Valencia taxi to the Cathedral to p/u a free walking tour; La Spezia either walk to the ferry to Cinque Terre or to the public bus to Portovenere, depending on weather.....good to know there is a free shuttle to the terminal. Naples and Marseille we booked private tours and Rome booked RCCL's passage to Rome instead of taking the train.

Also.....thanks for the Solarium Bistro information.

Thank you.....that helps. Is there a Broadway show as there is on the Allure? Not sure what 1977 is. The port info helps. In Palma we plan to taxi to the market to start the day; in Valencia taxi to the Cathedral to p/u a free walking tour; La Spezia either walk to the ferry to Cinque Terre or to the public bus to Portovenere, depending on weather.....good to know there is a free shuttle to the terminal. Naples and Marseille we booked private tours and Rome booked RCCL's passage to Rome instead of taking the train.

Also.....thanks for the Solarium Bistro information.

1977 is the main ice show, kind of a follow on show to Harmony's. The opening of the show has a pretty neat sequence using drones.

Having done a recent trip out to the Cinque Terre, will recommend really good walking shoes. If you want to take the train between towns it's only €4 pp. You can also reach the towns by train from La Spezia Centrale. Taking some time in Portovenere would be a good idea, as it has the colorful buildings like Cinque terre, as well as a castle and stone cathedral overlooking the bay. So in a way, it's like the Cinque Terre without being as busy. Corniglia (middle most town) does have a bit of a climb to it from the train station (walking only the stairs on Symphony will build up a little stamina lol) and cannot be reached by boat.

And glad to help. If you have anymore questions I'll be glad to answer them the best I can.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

1977 is the main ice show, kind of a follow on show to Harmony's. The opening of the show has a pretty neat sequence using drones.

Having done a recent trip out to the Cinque Terre, will recommend really good walking shoes. If you want to take the train between towns it's only €4 pp. You can also reach the towns by train from La Spezia Centrale. Taking some time in Portovenere would be a good idea, as it has the colorful buildings like Cinque terre, as well as a castle and stone cathedral overlooking the bay. So in a way, it's like the Cinque Terre without being as busy. Corniglia (middle most town) does have a bit of a climb to it from the train station (walking only the stairs on Symphony will build up a little stamina lol) and cannot be reached by boat.

And glad to help. If you have anymore questions I'll be glad to answer them the best I can.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help

Right now our plan is to take the public bus to Portovenere. It stops 5 minutes from the cruise terminal. From there we can decide if we want to ferry to CT or bus back to LS. My understanding is that both the trains and CT villages get very crowded

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Marseille, Palma and Civitavecchia are all ports that either require or recommend a shuttle into town. Palma is one where you could walk, and I would estimate it would take probably 20-30 mins walking. Civitavecchia is a very industrial dock, so they required shuttles (free) into the town.

Shane,

In Palma the ship docks at the most distant pier and it´s more like an hour walk into town (to the Cathedral). It´s exactly 830 m to the port entrance where the public bus line 1 is located which takes you to downtown in app. 15 min.

In Civitavecchia the port shuttle does not even get you close to downtown but a former parking lot. It´s 20 min walking to the train station or another paid shuttle.

In Marseille there´s a free port shuttle in 10 min walking distance.

La Spezia and Civitavecchia require you to take the shuttle. In all other ports you´re free to walk.

steamboats