Princess in Venice

mmsoko

It appears that at one time Princess had a private shuttle boat to the Venice square ( in lieu of taking Vaporetti). I can't tell if this is still the case.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks.

It appears that at one time Princess had a private shuttle boat to the Venice square ( in lieu of taking Vaporetti). I can't tell if this is still the case.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks.

In November of 2016 Princess offered a water shuttle service from the pier to Cornoldi Pontoon which is four bridges away from St. Mark’s Square. The cost was $20 per person for a one day pass or $35 per person for a two day pass. The Pacific overnighted in Venice and we checked in about noon, dropped off our carry on bags in our cabin, had lunch in the dining room and a little before 2:00 we went to take the shuttle only to find out that it didn’t start running until some time after 3:00. We just relied on the Vaporetti as we had the prior two days in Venice. It was very convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, they had one when we were there last April. They also had long queues to get on it. We walked straight past and bought a 24 hour pass for the local boats which covered the whole of Venice.
The 24 hour pass is 20 Euro and the 48 hour pass is 30 Euro. The Vaporetto are a much better deal than the Princess water shuttle.

The 24 hour pass is 20 Euro and the 48 hour pass is 30 Euro. The Vaporetto are a much better deal than the Princess water shuttle.

Thx for replying.

I had also read that the Vaporetto are very crowded. Is this what you experienced?

Thx for replying.

I had also read that the Vaporetto are very crowded. Is this what you experienced?

Sometimes they are crowded, sometimes not. It depends on the time of day, location, etc. We've never had a problem, even if we had to wait 10 minutes for the next one to arrive.

The nice thing is that they will get you anywhere in the city, while the cruise line shuttles have limited stops.

Sometimes they are crowded' date=' sometimes not. It depends on the time of day, location, etc. We've never had a problem, even if we had to wait 10 minutes for the next one to arrive.

The nice thing is that they will get you anywhere in the city, while the cruise line shuttles have limited stops.[/quote']I will second the above comments.

With all the walking you'll be doing, you'll want to take the vaporetti since they'll take you much closer to St. Mark's. You can even ride the vaporetti all day and see quite a lot without getting off if you get tired. Here's a great resource:

www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/.../venice-05-06-2011.pdf

Funny, that’s what started this thread. Tom recommends to use private ship shuttle to Plaza if you are short in time.