Transportation from hotel to Amsterdam passenger (cruise) terminal?

My family and I are staying for a few days pre-cruise in Amsterdam. We are staying right near Dam Square, which Google Maps says is about 2 miles from the cruise terminal. We were looking into sharing a ride to the cruise port with some folks from our Roll Call who are staying in a hotel about two miles further out from our hotel, but the quoted taxi price seems high to me -- 42 Euros, which ends up being about 6 Euros per person for a 2-4 mile ride! (To put things in perspective, the same company quoted us 48 Euros to take 8 people from the cruise terminal to the airport, which is significantly farther.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I think it's a little far to walk with four large-ish rolling suitcases and carry-ons/backpacks. Thanks in advance!

Why would you share a cab for such a short distance? Because of the stop for you and continuing with the others there probably is a surcharge.

You can get a cab at the cruise terminal, sometimes there is a small line or prebook e.g. through this site and check what the rate will be: https://www.tcataxi.nl/en/home.html

Another option is Uber.

Public transport is also possible you then you need to change trams at Centraal Station.

Why would you share a cab for such a short distance? Because of the stop for you and continuing with the others there probably is a surcharge.

You can get a cab at the cruise terminal, sometimes there is a small line or prebook e.g. through this site and check what the rate will be: https://www.tcataxi.nl/en/home.html

Another option is Uber.

Public transport is also possible you then you need to change trams at Centraal Station.

Thanks, Ine. I was hoping you'd chime in! [emoji4] The van from the cruise port to the airport is a good deal--48 Euros split among 8 people.

The issue I'm having is going from Dam Square to the cruise terminal. The short distance doesn't seem worthy of a 42 Euro cab ride! I am trying to see what other options there are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you could get the #26 tram to near the PTA then a short walk maybe 5 min to the cruise terminal

Ine can confirm

What hotel? that may help with directions

I think you could get the #26 tram to near the PTA then a short walk maybe 5 min to the cruise terminal

Ine can confirm

What hotel? that may help with directions

Old City Amsterdam B&B

My family and I are staying for a few days pre-cruise in Amsterdam. We are staying right near Dam Square, which Google Maps says is about 2 miles from the cruise terminal. We were looking into sharing a ride to the cruise port with some folks from our Roll Call who are staying in a hotel about two miles further out from our hotel, but the quoted taxi price seems high to me -- 42 Euros, which ends up being about 6 Euros per person for a 2-4 mile ride! (To put things in perspective, the same company quoted us 48 Euros to take 8 people from the cruise terminal to the airport, which is significantly farther.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I think it's a little far to walk with four large-ish rolling suitcases and carry-ons/backpacks. Thanks in advance!

Hi Laurie

Do you already have your party of 8 for the cruise ship to the airport? If not we would be interested. We are a party of 3. Please email me at monique117@aol.com

Old City Amsterdam B&B

Which is the exact address? Indeed tramnr 26 from the cruiseterminal to Centraal Station. Either walk from there or change to another tramnr.

I tried using the taxi website, but it doesn’t work for me.

Does anyone know an estimate (precision not necessary) for the following:

A taxi from the airport to a downtown hotel... e.g., Amsterdam Marriott. Would it be extra if there were two different stops?

A taxi after disembarkation from the port to the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried using the taxi website, but it doesn’t work for me.

Does anyone know an estimate (precision not necessary) for the following:

A taxi from the airport to a downtown hotel... e.g., Amsterdam Marriott. Would it be extra if there were two different stops?

A taxi after disembarkation from the port to the airport.

From port to the airport will be about E. 60 . From port to the Marriott will be around E. 30. All my best guess and all in a regular cab for 2 persons, no van.

I am suprised the link to TCA cabs in Amsterdam doesnot work. Maybe try again.

I checked again on the TCA website. They state a max price of E. 37.50 to the airport (I assume for 2 passsengers) depending traffic.

I checked again on the TCA website. They state a max price of E. 37.50 to the airport (I assume for 2 passsengers) depending traffic.

Thanks! Are taxis readily available without a long delay at the cruise port... early in the disembarkation?

Or is it better, if possible, to book one ahead of time?

Thanks! Are taxis readily available without a long delay at the cruise port... early in the disembarkation?

Or is it better, if possible, to book one ahead of time?

Taxis will be waiting, but of course it is difficult to tell how many. Besides it also depends how many passengers have an early disembarkation.

Do taxis in Amsterdam accept credit cards? Not sure I’ll have Euros when we just arrive.

As far as I know they do, but you might need a pin 4 or 5 digits. Or you can use an ATM at the airport to get Euros of course.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone used a private transport from an airport hotel to the port?. We are a party of 8 and on the HAL Koningsdam. HAL price from airport is $29 per person which seems a little steep.

I have used this service from the airport to a hotel

you can choose the Private option not shared

https://www.schipholtraveltaxi.nl/en/

All of this has just left me very confused. We do plan to use the train from the airport to Centraal Station and from Centraal Station to Haarlem. Do we need a chip card for the train? Can we just use Euros or our regular credit cards? At this point I don't think we will be using the tram.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All of this has just left me very confused. We do plan to use the train from the airport to Centraal Station and from Centraal Station to Haarlem. Do we need a chip card for the train? Can we just use Euros or our regular credit cards? At this point I don't think we will be using the tram.

If it is just the rides you mention you can simply buy single tickets for the trains. Either at the machines with creditcard or sometimes cash in Euros (coins only). Often also possible at the window at the station with a small surcharge.

If it is just the rides you mention you can simply buy single tickets for the trains. Either at the machines with creditcard or sometimes cash in Euros (coins only). Often also possible at the window at the station with a small surcharge.
So my regular credit cards (chip and sign) will work?