First named storm of the year..

And we have Alberto!

I have not seen a report that is was named already. Although, it probably will be later today to tomorrow .

NWS/Mike's Weather Page/NHC, are still reporting it as Invest 90 something?

I have not seen a report that is was named already. Although, it probably will be later today to tomorrow .

NWS/Mike's Weather Page/NHC, are still reporting it as Invest 90 something?

Take another look on NHC page.

We are supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning on the Triumph out of New Orleans headed to Cozumel and Progresso. :( How does Carnival contact us if the cruise gets canceled or postponed in some way because of this storm?

We are supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning on the Triumph out of New Orleans headed to Cozumel and Progresso. :( How does Carnival contact us if the cruise gets canceled or postponed in some way because of this storm?

Your cruise will not get cancelled. You are leaving tomorrow, the storm hits New Orleans on Monday. may be a bit of a bumpy ride.

At worst, the ship will re-direct to Progresso first as it can steer around to the west and miss the brunt of the storm track. Or it could swing west and then come around behind the storm as it moves north. Either way,. both Coz and Prog should be clear on Sunday/Monday.

NHC calls it Subtropical Storm Alberto. Rain forecast for us all weekend. Thanks Alberto.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT1+shtml/251443.shtml

I really wish they'd not name sub-tropical storms/depressions. Falsely beefs up the hurricane/storm count. Same with the so-called Winter storm names for every snow flurry. Glad they don't name tornados.

Thanks flounder315 and crewsweeper for answering my question. If the ship were to redirect and go to Progreso first, how do the excursions get handled? We have excursions reserved in both places (not through Carnival), Cozumel on Monday and Progreso on Tuesday but if the ship has to flip the days due to the the storm what do you think happens to our excursions? And yes...I'm a worrier. :D:D

Thanks flounder315 and crewsweeper for answering my question. If the ship were to redirect and go to Progreso first, how do the excursions get handled? We have excursions reserved in both places (not through Carnival), Cozumel on Monday and Progreso on Tuesday but if the ship has to flip the days due to the the storm what do you think happens to our excursions? And yes...I'm a worrier. [emoji3][emoji3]

Probably should contact the tour operators and ask them that question. Certainly they know you are coming on a cruise ship. Hopefully they would accommodate you.