Using onboard credits

saz25

Don't forget that OBC/SBC can be used for laundry too.

This is great news as we are only being allowed one case of 23kgs for a 25 day cruise with United from Heathrow and with Air Tahiti and United home to Heathrow, and being asked for an extra $600 for two extra cases is too much in our minds. Canny packing ahead.

This is great news as we are only being allowed one case of 23kgs for a 25 day cruise with United from Heathrow and with Air Tahiti and United home to Heathrow, and being asked for an extra $600 for two extra cases is too much in our minds. Canny packing ahead.

Wow! Only 50 U.S. pounds (Or, 50.706317 pounds, for those among us who are a bit more "exacting"). That's not much of an allowance. Particularly for a multi-week overseas trip. I assume that's one checked bag per person? I think I've had hard-sided suitcases in the past that weighed nearly half that before I ever started filling them! One of the several advantages to flying international Business/Class is the much more generous (included) luggage allowance, multiple "free" checked bags plus carry-on. Of course, the added fare is kind of a "bummer". :(

I Hope (and am sure) that you'll have a great trip, though! It's really nice to know that OBC's can be used towards "Regent Laundry". Regards

Wow! Only 50 U.S. pounds (Or, 50.706317 pounds, for those among us who are a bit more "exacting"). That's not much of an allowance. Particularly for a multi-week overseas trip. I assume that's one checked bag per person? I think I've had hard-sided suitcases in the past that weighed nearly half that before I ever started filling them! One of the several advantages to flying international Business/Class is the much more generous (included) luggage allowance, multiple "free" checked bags plus carry-on. Of course, the added fare is kind of a "bummer". :(

I Hope (and am sure) that you'll have a great trip, though! It's really nice to know that OBC's can be used towards "Regent Laundry". Regards

We are business class on United but still only the one bag. Couldn't get business class on the Tahiti leg and we are still waiting on an answer if they will honour the generous hand luggage allowance instead of the 10kgs they allow. We will manage as I intend to order all my toiletries to be collected airside, so that will lose about 20lbs!!haha

I have done 14 days on 10kgs of luggage before, so can pack very cannily.

My agent told me that their obc was use it or lose it once onboard. However, they will let us use it for anything booked with them. Last year we used it for private tours our agent booked for us in St. Petersburg. This year we're thinking of using it for our post cruise hotel. Worth checking out.

My agent told me that their obc was use it or lose it once onboard. However, they will let us use it for anything booked with them. Last year we used it for private tours our agent booked for us in St. Petersburg. This year we're thinking of using it for our post cruise hotel. Worth checking out.

This is the first time I have heard of this. Did your TA book Regent private tours (like the private car that Regent offers with excursions)? Generally it is the passenger that books the tours (included, Regent Choice or private cars) online - they pay for them and get reimbursed once onboard the ship.

Using OBC's for your Regent post cruise hotel makes sense in a way since it is something offered by Regent.

Any detail you could give us would be appreciated!

This is the first time I have heard of this. Did your TA book Regent private tours (like the private car that Regent offers with excursions)? Generally it is the passenger that books the tours (included, Regent Choice or private cars) online - they pay for them and get reimbursed once onboard the ship.

Using OBC's for your Regent post cruise hotel makes sense in a way since it is something offered by Regent.

Any detail you could give us would be appreciated!

Sorry I was not clear. It was an independent tour booked directly by my t.a. not through Regent.

Sorry I was not clear. It was an independent tour booked directly by my t.a. not through Regent.

Okay - so you didn't use OBC's for your independent tour. For a moment I thought that Regent had changed to a really good policy!

Sounds like this is TA OBC, not from Regent.

Actually appears this OBC from their TA is actually either completely or partially provided by regent to the TA and thus completely non refundable on board as it always had been under these circumstances.

Nice that the TA is able to use that money for tours and hotel bookings by the TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on bonefishbruce's last post, Regent OBC's were not used for an independent excursion. As they stated, it has to be something booked by Regent - not booked by a TA. In my opinion, this needs to be clarified lest others think that they can book private excursions and have it paid with OBC's.

Yes, I believe it is the ta's obc. Nevertheless, she told me that it could not be refunded if not used. Probably just a sales pitch but at least I am sure that the money will not be wasted. I am also sure that the hotel prices from the agent are a lot better than what I would get from Regent. It certainly beats hitting the gift store on the last day with $800 in credits.

Yes, I believe it is the ta's obc. Nevertheless, she told me that it could not be refunded if not used. Probably just a sales pitch but at least I am sure that the money will not be wasted. I am also sure that the hotel prices from the agent are a lot better than what I would get from Regent. It certainly beats hitting the gift store on the last day with $800 in credits.

Thank you for the explanation!

BTW, I love having hundreds of dollars in OBC's ..... I've purchased some things that I would not typically purchase (like a $225 wallet, $300 handbag and watches in the $350 range that are solar and do not take batteries. I could make that money disappear quickly:evilsmile:

Yes it’s free money for onboard purchase but have found many items cheaper land side. We will be happy to take a check rebate from our agent which is more than the OBC and go shopping at home. Our rebate is 8% of the cruise fare not including other discounts. Just saying.

While I find, most of the time, that the complementary wines are adequate to good, the premium (additional cost) wines are generally not overpriced and can be very good. If you consider that the regular wine is included and you are already paying for that then perhaps the premium wines should be less expensive but if you compare the premium wine prices to those in a wine shop you will generally find them at the same or lower price on board the ship (at least compared to US prices). Just my experience and yours may differ.

As far as Explorer goes - I disagree with the poster commenting on the spa in general. The spa on Explorer is quite good (agree overpriced but they have a captive audience). We spoke with several people who had massages and were very satisfied and two that had facials as well. I had my nails (acrylic) repaired twice and she was very good - and I'm VERY picky. I also saw a lady who was getting her hair done and heard her mention that she really enjoyed coming several times during the cruise.

As far as Explorer goes - I disagree with the poster commenting on the spa in general. The spa on Explorer is quite good (agree overpriced but they have a captive audience). We spoke with several people who had massages and were very satisfied and two that had facials as well. I had my nails (acrylic) repaired twice and she was very good - and I'm VERY picky. I also saw a lady who was getting her hair done and heard her mention that she really enjoyed coming several times during the cruise.

Agree with you. We have had excellent treatments at the spa but my DH has had mediocre massages as well. It seems like their nail personnel are better than some of the other people. This is a good way to spend OBC's for my DH but I prefer shopping!