Grand Voyage Drink Packages....

citizenfrank

Hello

Have a booking later this summer on Fantasia out of Barcelona, that is my MSC patronage to date, though they are fast becoming my favorite line based on many things ...researched & read at least.

Up until this morning we were booking a RCI repo sailing on Oasis, but the dates do not fit with my son & school, particular year 11 & exams!

Found a good alternative on the new Seaview from Salvador to Barcelone ...Amazing price with a balcony.

When I just spoke to MSC I enquired about adding drinks packages, but she said they were not released yet & would not be the same as I have on my Fantasia sailing.

Could anyone clarify please?

And/or add anything on this sailing?

THANK YOU

I know you will help Bea so thank you in advance!

Hello

Have a booking later this summer on Fantasia out of Barcelona, that is my MSC patronage to date, though they are fast becoming my favorite line based on many things ...researched & read at least.

Up until this morning we were booking a RCI repo sailing on Oasis, but the dates do not fit with my son & school, particular year 11 & exams!

Found a good alternative on the new Seaview from Salvador to Barcelone ...Amazing price with a balcony.

When I just spoke to MSC I enquired about adding drinks packages, but she said they were not released yet & would not be the same as I have on my Fantasia sailing.

Could anyone clarify please?

And/or add anything on this sailing?

THANK YOU

I know you will help Bea so thank you in advance!

Just seeing this now, Frank. I haven't been on the forum lately (caught up elsewhere).

I've no idea what the rep meant about the drinks packages not being the same as on the Fantasia sailing. :confused: I know that the price per day is now cheaper for cruises of 9+ nights. I've always had a drinks package on the repos I've done.

I wasn't aware of this itinerary, so I can't comment on it specifically. However, I've just checked it out on the MSC website - there's a real dearth of POCs. Would it really be worth travelling all that way and not get to visit a couple of other places, too? (Unless the ship would be the destination; but, if so, it would be far cheaper to do a cruise closer to home - IMHO).

We did a repo from Santos, Brazil, on Preziosa 3 years ago, but we visited 2 or 3 other Brazilian ports before heading back to Europe and we disembarked in Genoa, so had a number of Med POCs included, too. One negative about that cruise: the majority of passengers were Brazilian, so the main language onboard was Portugese, which isn't easy on the ear; they're also a lot noisier than many other nationalities.

Hi Bea

I've booked it! The call the next day was much better, the girl was far more helpful & the drink package prices were 'normal' or what you would expect.

The reasons I've taken this one is the price (amazing!), the sea days as other half loves sea days & the vessel which looks amazing, will be 'new' (9 months) but hopefully over any initial issues & the journey.

Got good flights with TAP & a few days in Salvador before means its looking like an OK little trip,

I was going to ask what you think the passenger cast would/could be!

Time to get Portugese on the go then lol

Thank you

I have to say that I love sea days, too. It sounds like it's a perfect trip for you, so - especially if it's at a great price! Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Only 10 months away, now. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Well, I hope MSC will still be your favourite line after your Fantasia experience and that it will leave you gagging for more on Seaview ;p

I'm looking forward to Seaview's first reviews; I won't be trying her out 'til September next year, so plenty of time for all the issues of a new ship to have been resolved and, hopefully, plenty of positive reviews by the time I board.