Calling MSC customer service

st1100y2k

Thanks for the info. I think it must depend on who you talk to. I asked for a supervisor but was told no. I asked them how much my cruise after discount would cost compared to what I paid which I know the answer-they owe me money.

We always book via MSC Ireland/UK office and we have one agent there that we would always deal with. If we want to pre-pay/book something, we would email that person first giving all details of whatever we want to do and asking him to let us know when he's free so we can call and pay.

Once he responds, which is always on the same day, we call him on a direct line and pay. All takes just a few minutes.

In case of his absence, we would email generic MSC UK email address with all the details and ask them to call us back so we can pay. Again, they always respond on the same day and the call only takes a few minutes, as at that stage they have all details in their system and all they need is our credit card details.

Maybe that could work with the US office?

I tried contacting MSC customer service in the US from their website yesterday but it does not send my inquiry. Once you hit send it just spins and spins. Tried the computer at the library thinking it was possibly my problem but the same thing happened. Apparently they don't want to hear from us!

I tried that yesterday and got the same thing. Cruising is all about customer service but MSC misses that point. This trip was going to be a family celebration. My son got a physical two years ago—showed a genetic disease that was destroying his liver. He has three young sons so it was a tense time. Another family in the middle of grief donated their son’s organs. My sone received this liver in April of 2017. With his kids now starting summer break we had a chance as a family to go on vacation together to celebrate. Instead of anticipation there is an aura of dread of what MSC does next. The Transplant group is cautious about cruises—food has to be cooked by clean hands. As a mother you never stop worrying but this lack of MSC accountability adds to it. I appreciate the responses to my post.

I have a cruise booked on Seaside in August and we got the drinks on us package. Booked thru TA

After reading the available drink choices we decided to upgrade to the Classic package. I called MSC directly, upgraded to Classic and also added the Premium Internet. No issues at all.

Also, on the MSC website it states you cannot get travel docs until you are 20 days out, I got mine emailed about an hour after the upgrades. So for me, no issues at all. I find MSC customer service perfectly fine. Wife and I have sailed on all the major cruise lines and this is our first MSC.

No complaints on anything so far.

I hopefully will remember to post a detailed Seaside Review once we return !

It's been about 5 days now and I still can't reach Customer Service through the website where you send complaints/suggestions. I can fill out all the info but when I try to send it just spins and doesn't complete the process. I tried the computer at our library and got the same thing. I did get through on the phone but did not get a US agent. She could not help me but took my email and said someone from Customer Service would email me and help me out. It's been 4 days and nothing! Where do you send an email to them?

I did get through on the phone but did not get a US agent.

Why didn’t you get a US agent if you

call customer service of MSC USA ?

I had to call customer service twice

and talked to knowledgeable agents.

Waiting times were under 2 minutes

the first call and under 4 minutes the

second call. All of my issues were

solved and I received eMails with the

modified booking reservation within

a few minutes after ending the calls.

That is what I call EXCELLENT service (y)

I tried contacting MSC customer service in the US from their website yesterday but it does not send my inquiry. Once you hit send it just spins and spins. Tried the computer at the library thinking it was possibly my problem but the same thing happened. Apparently they don't want to hear from us!

I've been doing that for three days now as well. It even says that my voyager club number in not of value.. I'll just keep trying. Have a few months to work on my reservation.

It must just depend on the day/time. When I called customer service to see about getting the federal discount, they answered almost immediately. I had been expecting to wait for several minutes so had put the phone on speaker and was startled when a human voice came on the line.

I called MSC USA customer service today to inquire a cabin change for upcoming cruise in April 2019. The waiting time was 5 minutes. The agent couldn’t find the cabin at first in her system and put me on hold. I was distracted by another incoming call and accidentally ended the call with MSC... my mistake ! I checked my eMails a few minutes later and found a booking confirmation from MSC with the confirmation of the cabin change. I am very satisfied how the agent handled my inquiry and continued working even after we got disconnected. I couldn’t even say “Thank you” which I do now hoping that she reads CC threads. ;)

• 1 month later...

For those of you who successfully got through, would you mind posting the approximate time you called? Wondering if it's best to call earlier in the day (or some other specific time). I've been trying for several days during my lunch hour, and just sit on hold waiting to talk to someone.

Thanks for any advice you might have. :-)

We always book via MSC Ireland/UK office and we have one agent there that we would always deal with. If we want to pre-pay/book something, we would email that person first giving all details of whatever we want to do and asking him to let us know when he's free so we can call and pay.

Once he responds, which is always on the same day, we call him on a direct line and pay. All takes just a few minutes.

In case of his absence, we would email generic MSC UK email address with all the details and ask them to call us back so we can pay. Again, they always respond on the same day and the call only takes a few minutes, as at that stage they have all details in their system and all they need is our credit card details.

Maybe that could work with the US office?

We are from Canada and use a TA however all of our after booking add ons we do ourselves right on the MSC website, we are sailing in Aug out of Warnemunde and have added Laundry, Spa, wine package, and excursions..All are pre paid and all show up in our booking details. No need to call or email the TA. We have a TA just in case anything goes wrong, especially after we leave home

The website issues and difficulties reaching MSC have been very frustrating - I’m just not used to it being a crapshoot when I pick up the phone or login to my booking. I still have no answer as to why there are no price details available on my booking - though the technical rep I spoke to did in fact confirm that the info should be there and isn’t! Supposedly they are aware their website needs work - hopefully they will actually work on it! One tip I have found to be somewhat useful when calling is to hit the number for “new bookings” - much shorter wait times.....makes sense as they are of course going to respond to possible booking vs. an issue regarding an existing booking. I have spoken with some very helpful and kind CSRs - they just seem to lack understanding of their own systems. I’m booked on the Seaview next fall and really hoping this aspect improves as it’s unsettling to have such confusion beforehand!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I are long time RCL cruisers who thought we would give MSC cruises a try.

The customer service is just totally unacceptable. I have called 4 times today at different times and gave up after 45 minutes on each call. I'm currently on hold for the 5th call.

There is a form at the top of the page that says "call me"..... it just doesn't work.

You fill out all the details and it gives you errors.

The website has a ton of glitches like it wont accept my Voyagers club membership number as valid even though its listed..

For some reason they even changed the phone number at the top of the page today.

It has not helped. Overall as mentioned this is totally unacceptable.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. Maybe we should get on linkedin and start emailing the corporate offices.

My wife and I are long time RCL cruisers who thought we would give MSC cruises a try.

The customer service is just totally unacceptable. I have called 4 times today at different times and gave up after 45 minutes on each call. I'm currently on hold for the 5th call.

There is a form at the top of the page that says "call me"..... it just doesn't work.

You fill out all the details and it gives you errors.

The website has a ton of glitches like it wont accept my Voyagers club membership number as valid even though its listed..

For some reason they even changed the phone number at the top of the page today.

It has not helped. Overall as mentioned this is totally unacceptable.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. Maybe we should get on linkedin and start emailing the corporate offices.

See above post - have you tried calling and selecting “book NEW cruise”when prompted? I totally validate your frustrations by the way. I’m remaining optimistic that things will get worked out in time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"....we are currently experiencing longer than normal wait times and apologize for the inconvenience..." THIS IS ON THE TRAVEL AGENT LINE!!!! Trying to call in payments....this is the LAST time I will ever sell this cruise line. 3 1/2 hours on hold.....still holding. BS