East Dunmore/Waterford?

Most of the information on the Europe boards for this port are quite old. I hope some people who have been there in the past couple of years can give me some information. There is nothing listed for shore excursions yet for the BR TA next May. I have no interest in seeing the Waterford factory. But am interested in castles, countryside and daily Irish life.

Most of the information on the Europe boards for this port are quite old. I hope some people who have been there in the past couple of years can give me some information. There is nothing listed for shore excursions yet for the BR TA next May. I have no interest in seeing the Waterford factory. But am interested in castles, countryside and daily Irish life.
Hi, relatively close to Waterford is the seaside town of Tramore, a famine ship in New Ross and a castle in Dungarvan. I live in Ireland but have never really explored this region, I just pass through to get the ferry to the UK.

I believe the Waterford Crystal factory closed a few years ago.

If you are considering hiring a car you can get to these places fairly easily.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Forums mobile app

Visited the Waterford Factory two years ago. Was OK but enjoyed the Beleek one more. Waterford crystal is too ornate for my taste and very expensive. the famine ship certainly is an eyeopener . I was on a 14 day circle tour of Ireland.