FunShops - Ordering Tequila?

tracymtx

I apologize if this has already been answered - I searched and could not find anything.

Question: I went to the FunShop to order a bottle of Herradura and it doesn't give the size of the bottle...am I missing something? Also, if we don't finish the bottle (unlikely), can we take the remaining with us off the ship or is this a no-no (we are not flying)?

Thanks!

As mentioned, many of the liquor bottles from the Fun Shops are one liter but a specialty item like the OP is looking at could be 750ml or even 375ml. The Carnival web site does not specify any size on that particular bottle but similar brands (Patron) are listed at 750ml.

As mentioned, many of the liquor bottles from the Fun Shops are one liter but a specialty item like the OP is looking at could be 750ml or even 375ml. The Carnival web site does not specify any size on that particular bottle but similar brands (Patron) are listed at 750ml.

This exactly. Some smaller distillers/bottlers don't even make a 1L size.

Thank you, all for your help!

This is our first time on Carnival. Can we wait to order from FunShops when we are on the ship or do we need to order prior to arrival?

I believe you can order a bottle from room service once on board and I "think" the price is the same as pre-ordering from the Fun Shop. If you wait it just won't be in your cabin upon embarkation.

Thank you, all for your help!

This is our first time on Carnival. Can we wait to order from FunShops when we are on the ship or do we need to order prior to arrival?

Any liquor purchased in onboard shops will be held by Carnival for you until the end of the cruise (so you wouldn't be able to drink it onboard). You can order bottles of liquor from room service, and you would need to wait in your cabin until they deliver it so you can sign for it. It would be charged to your Sail and Sign account. In my experience the prices from room service are the same as they are pre-cruise from Fun Shop. Fun Shop liquor purchases have a service fee added and room service liquor purchases have a gratuity added, so that is a wash price-wise.