Give Me FREDOM!!! A semi live review of FOS June 2, 218

img

It’s 4:36am and we just made it to the airport! Hope to be in San Juan by 3:00 pm this afternoon.

The last time we flew for a trip was to Kauai at Christmas 2016. Plane was delayed from Nashville due to icing! Needless to say, we missed our flight and was delayed 8 hours in LA. We left Nashville that morning at 4:30 and arrived at our Hawaiian vacation at 3:30 the next day! Hopefully the storms this morning will not cause the same thing!

f254abec17f5dbfa8e9cf49e49856f52.jpg

661a51cebffbe27c2f97ca893b9f03a0.jpg

We are ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just arrived in Tampa for a 3 hour layover. Wait a minute, that almost sounds like Gilligan and a 3 hour cruise!

The flight from Nashville started out rough, but smoothed our pretty quickly. As soon as we broke through the clouds, we were presented with a gorgeous sunrise!

8876e0475b6a38268677eaab11e661d8.jpg

The weather is not bad at all! Considering this what we had when we left

03596c6343eb3eb33916b0428cc024c7.jpg

And now it the sun is shining here in n Tampa.

412376c2cefc784290cb838e02a5b9f2.jpg

More to come!

Just got off Freedom a week ago. Tell Christian and Oscar at the R Bar that Tony and Jen from San Diego said hi! Have a great cruise.

Followed your review and learned a lot! I’ll pass on the hellos!

Don't forget to say hi to my co-worker Mike, he is not on cruise critic and it would make him wonder. I posted his pic in your roll call.

Got it Bill! I’ll look for Mike and wish them a Happy Anniversary!a22db6fa0376f6a42fd0d11b5dea2260.jpg

Following along with you! DH and I will be on Freedom for our 1st b2b July 7-21. I can hardly wait. Thank you for taking the time to share your travels with us. Will you be posting any cruise compasses? Just curious about formal nights and other activities, etc. Enjoy a wonderful week!

Barbara

Hey, Hey, Hey – It’s my main man, BIBPhotography, going on the Freedom! Woohoo!

You and the wife have a great cruise. You plan to paint your face on sail away party? Go ahead and sing the “Baby Got Back” song as you board the ship…

Hey, Hey, Hey – It’s my main man, BIBPhotography, going on the Freedom! Woohoo!

You and the wife have a great cruise. You plan to paint your face on sail away party? Go ahead and sing the “Baby Got Back” song as you board the ship…

I was wondering if you would see this!!! Thanks Harry, and I’ve got the country version of “Baby Got Back” ready to go! LOL

Well we got into San Juan around 3:15pm yesterday and was exhausted! The flight was not bad at all, and in fact, I think Southwest even upgraded us to deluxe peanuts! This trip is already off the hook!

As we flew into San Juan, I was taken back by the way the city still looked from the air. Buildings were either still covered by blue tarps or simply just left to the elements and were decaying right around us.

c307383b9d99c513208618e95f7d05c0.jpgf47f3aadab8105b9778c371178cb1b4d.jpg882372dce65599e57fdd031f7b1525ab.jpg

We got out of the airport fairly easy and our cab driver was super! He filled us in on the island and how the hurricanes effected him. I did like the taxi process. It’s a flat rate from the airport to the hotel, $1 or $2 per bag and then a fuel fee. All in all, we knew before getting in the taxi, that is was going to be $25 from the airport to Old San Juan Sheraton. Getting ready to head out, but until then, here’s a favorite from Harry Fat One! If you’ve followed his reviews you know he’s all about boats with big afts!