Post-Cruise July 3rd NYC Visit

We are finishing our cruise on July 3rd and we would like to stay in NYC for the day before heading back home.

I was wondering how bad traffic is for leaving NYC at around 6PM-7PM on the eve of the National holiday? We will be using the Washington bridge to get the 87 (direction Albany). Should I spend the night in NYC and leaving in the morning of the 4th instead ?

Thanks for your advice.

You probably already know to use a real time GPS such as Google Maps Navigation or Waze. It really helps. The suggested route is always the traffic conditions, not mileage. Plus it will tell you an alternate if trouble arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I assume you're disembaarking Horizon, as we will be embarking on July 3 and driving in the opposite direction. I live just south of Albany and commute on 87 daily. I think the traffic will be lighter by 6-7 PM, but if you have to leave NYC by 1 due to the parking limits you will be in the midst of some fairly heavy traffic heading north to the Adirondacks.