Wine by the glass quality on Seaside

kelleherdl

We have our first of three YC bookings this July. I know we get the deluxe beverage package, so liquor questions have been answered in other posts.

How is the quality of the wine by the glass for lunch and dinner in the YC restaurant? I have been assuming that a European line would have pretty a decent house wine selection. But assumptions can often be very wrong.

Opinions?

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Edited by kelleherdl

I'm going to correct myself. There is someone on a Facebook post that was recently on board Seaside and said that there wasn't a YC Sommelier last week. She noted that Dechen Lepcha (the Divine Miss D!) who is very knowledgeable about wines, was not managing in the MDRs and not the Yacht Club.

We had a wonderful sommelier named David when we were in YC on Seaside in January. He stopped at our table almost every night and discussed the available wines with us. His recommendations were always very good. Our waiter Arthur also had good recommendations for us. If we found one we liked he would have it ready for us the next evening. Bob

The waiters and the Maitre D’ in the YC are very good at finding wines that will please you. Unless you are a wine snob you will be satisfied with the varieties offered. Let’s face it, you won’t be swilling down the Dom or the Krug. I have enjoyed some of the finest wines in the world and we were more than happy with the offerings in the YC and all around the ship. We particularly enjoyed the Italian wines. Sit back relax and enjoy. I have to laugh when I hear some pax complaining about the wine. I am sure they would be unwilling to pay the $500 per day that it would take to serve the wines they are looking for.