Pool Lift on the Infinity

Brerpossum

I believe there are two. One for the pool and one for the hot tub. There may be more but I tend to stay on one side of the pool deck and don't pay attention too closely as I am generally on my way to the solarium.

It has been my experience that although they do have lift chairs on all ships, the key is to find someone among the pool staff who is authorized to and capable of operating them. Speaking from experience, but on the S class ships, it can be difficult to find someone other than a pool butler around the pool. Be sure to inquire as soon as you boardthe ship just how to contact someone with regard to this.

It has been my experience that although they do have lift chairs on all ships, the key is to find someone among the pool staff who is authorized to and capable of operating them. Speaking from experience, but on the S class ships, it can be difficult to find someone other than a pool butler around the pool. Be sure to inquire as soon as you boardthe ship just how to contact someone with regard to this.

I cruised on the Eclipse after surgery last year and needed to use the chair lift. There was one in the Solarium. Staff were absolutely brilliant. After seeing me come in the Solarium first day in my wheelchair they were straight over. Once I was in the pool there always seemed to be one of them ready to come over as I indicated I wanted to come out.

I would add staff throughout the ship could not have been more sensitive and supportive of my needs from Captain Leo to the lady in the restroom in the ensemble lounge who helped me with doors as I hobbled in on my crutches!

When I realised I would still have significant mobility issues for this cruise we did contemplate cancelling. I am so glad we didn’t! The change of four walls, the pampering and even just looking forward to it really aided my recovery. The only aspect of cruising I found difficult was excursions...As I couldn’t get in a coach or minibus options were limited.

Good info, thanks. Hope we have the same level of service.

DW also has mobility issues and we usually rent a wheelchair for the cruise.

We had contacted shorexaccess@rccl.com for our Alaska cruise last year on the Solstice. This department really came through for us. We have contacted them for this Panama Canal cruise, and are waiting to see what they have.

From their e-Mail:

Accessible shore excursions come in two levels:

Level 1 or "Panoramic" tours are designed for guests that are able to walk short distances, can negotiate the steps of a motor coach and/or travel with a standard size manual collapsible wheelchair that can fit in the motor coach luggage compartment. Be advised that most tours are conducted on motor coach. Please note that most motor coach steps are approximately 8- 12 inches high; the first step being as high as 18 inches from the ground.

Level 2 or "Easy" tours are designed for guests unable to negotiate motor coach steps or full time wheelchair users. The vehicle used on this type of excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs. In order to use the ramp and/or lift, guests must be seated on a wheelchair or scooter. Due to liability issues, participants cannot stand on the ramp to be lifted into the vehicle. These tours are conducted on specialized vehicles therefore there are a limited number of seats available. Therefore, space is reserved for guests unable to negotiate steps and who are in need of an accessible vehicle traveling with no more than one able bodied companion.