Shore excursions Granada (Malaga) Spain

mbodechon

If you want to see the Alhambra, NCL doesn't offer anything. One excursion referrred to seeing it - but that turned out to be from the coach as they drove past. Lots of angry passengers...

I used ShoreFox to get to the Alhambra instead. It's a two hour drive each way, but they stop off to give you a break. Alhambra itself is a beautiful place and well worth seeing. We were in small groups of 12 to a tour guide and saw some areas that other tourists didn't get to see.

Be careful that the weather in Grenada can be quite different to Malaga. It was sunny on the coast, but chilly and rainy in Grenada. One poor guy was stuck in a light t-shirt throughout.

You need to book well in advance, given the demand for Alhambra tickets. But I thought it was well worth it.

I highly recommend Spain Day tours for Alhambra, very well organized and excellent tour. Malaga is a gem it self. Free walking tour every day at 11a, Enjoying a visit of La Alcazaba is simple to do on your own, less than 5 euros with the combo Fort visit.

If you haven't been to Alhambra it's well worth the visit and cost but book a private tour, see trip advisor. If you don't fancy a long coach trip, we did the free walking tour in January which was great and also went around the cathedral including going upto the roof. The views are fantastic, you pay extra to go up and it's every hour I think, you just get a ticket at entrance to cathedral.

Thank you all for you responses. Good information to have regarding a private tour. Are there any risks of not arriving back to the ship on time for departure if we decide to book on our own privately instead of through the ship excursions?

Thank you all for you responses. Good information to have regarding a private tour. Are there any risks of not arriving back to the ship on time for departure if we decide to book on our own privately instead of through the ship excursions?

Of course there are risks. NO body can predict the future, so those "past" claims of it never happening, doesn't put a protective bubble on for the future.

Key is to be picky about vendors, read multiple reviews, and better with being in business a long time.

I am very picky, so I would NEVER use a booking agent, I always book direct. with the vendor. This is my travel style which I have always done, over 30 years. Some people just can't handle it. and have to have someone leading the way. You'll need to determine what is right for YOU. There is no point going with a random recommendation, if all you are going to think about is, if you are going to get back..

Me, it's of no concern, IF something happens- I'll manage just fine.

we took a mini train ride to the Automobile and Fashion Museum - the Museum had a collection of around 90 classic cars, plus displays of haute couture fashion & hats.. at the end they have you sample wine... It was a tour offered through NCL and my husband and I loved it... As they drive you there you travel through town and the tour guide explains so much about the town and all that you pass by..