Anyone been on the Star since the dry dock?

nmsk5

We are sailing in 5 days on the Star and we have 2 very disappointed boys aged 6 and 9 as we have just been informed the water slides have been removed!!

I understand! When my grandchildren saw a picture of the ship- the first thing they noticed was the slides! I had to tell them that the slides are gone- they are age 11, 8 & 6.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just was on the star new area h2o was to be for adults only and the hot tubs were filled with Children most of the time. The food was horrible but the rooms were refreshed and look great.

I work with children but to say i was shocked by how they behaved on board would be an understatement. Teaching manners must be lost on young parents now days as I was bumped pushed and ran into far to many times. Elevators are my pet peeve as most people simply do not understand that you let people off the elevators before getting on to it.

Loved the stops and staff were very good for the most part.

Getting off the ship embarking is a joke. They tell you that you can not walk off the ship but at 7:30 am there was a long line on deck 7 waiting to do just that. Walk off of deck 4 as there was no line and it was off the ship before they opened Deck 7 to let passengers walk off.

Same with the tender process I never bothered to line up to get tender tickets I simply went down to deck 4 and joint the line and got off early without lining up at 6am for a ticket. We book a private shore excursion and was off the ship at 7:10 before they called tender number 1.

Overall it was a great cruise but thinking the food is bad because they have to make money on the UBP and to me this is sad. So you either eat at the extra cost restaurants or go elsewhere.

I understand! When my grandchildren saw a picture of the ship- the first thing they noticed was the slides! I had to tell them that the slides are gone- they are age 11, 8 & 6.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Stay with Disney please.